- Baltimore Business Journal: Baltimore’s ReGelTec Raises $3.75M, Readies To Expand Clinical Trials October 21, 2020 - Baltimore-based medical device startup ReGelTec Inc. has secured more than $3.75M in Series A financing, and is working toward launching clinical trials for its technology in the U.S. next year.… Read More
- Birmingham Business Journal: UAB Forges Major ICU Telemedicine Partnership October 21, 2020 - UAB Medicine has entered into a large strategic partnership with the St. Louis-based telemedicine company Advanced ICU Care. Financial terms of the deal were not immediately disclosed. The company is… Read More
- Rhode Island Inno: Brown Becomes First School To Launch Zane Venture Fund’s AccessU, Virtual Program For College Entrepreneurs October 21, 2020 - Brown University Prof. Banu Ozkazanc-Pan, who is also director of the Venture Capital Inclusion Lab, has for years studied the underfunding of women- and minority-led startups, trying to pinpoint the… Read More
- MIT News: MIT Full STEAM Ahead Offers Scalable, Hands-On Remote Learning For K-12 October 21, 2020 - When we picture hands-on learning, usually a computer screen is nowhere in sight. But for the team behind MIT Full STEAM Ahead, “hands-on remote learning” may become the great new frontier… Read More
- The Detroit News: Survey Of Riders On UM Driverless Shuttle Shows Vast Majority Trusted It October 21, 2020 - Despite national studies indicating weak public sentiment toward autonomous vehicles, 86% of riders of the University of Michigan's Mcity driverless shuttles said they trusted the technology after their trips. Two… Read More
- Philadelphia Business Journal: Google’s Black Founders Fund Just Backed 2 Philly Startups. Here’s How They Plan To Grow Their Businesses. October 20, 2020 - Switchboard Live CEO Rudy J. Ellis moved back home to Philadelphia in 2016, taking space in a Center City coworking space. Sitting at the same desk area was Tiffanie Stanard, who was working… Read More
- Los Angeles Business Journal: Fisker Taps Magna To Make Its Ocean EV — Plus Other L.A. Tech News October 20, 2020 - In many areas of the world, there may be no more precious commodity than water — and that’s especially true in Los Angeles. So, it’s probably not surprising that L.A.… Read More
- Tufts School of Engineering: Breath Of Fresh Air October 20, 2020 - In areas hit particularly hard by the COVID-19 pandemic this spring, medical workers faced a grim scenario: there were more critically ill patients than there were ventilators available. Some patients… Read More
- CU Denver News: Professor Resources: Free Online Classes For Remote Teaching Instruction October 20, 2020 - Now that Chancellor Marks has announced that the spring 2021 semester will continue with the four class formats developed for fall 2020, faculty have an opportunity to take a break… Read More
- Phys.org: DC Charters Offer Innovations In Pandemic-Era Education October 20, 2020 - Returning to school in the nation's capital during the pandemic has proven to be an ongoing experiment in learning—and not just for students. Tall, three-sided partitions were set up at… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a US Tech Community partner.