- ABC 7 Chicago: ‘Chicago: Blend’ Works To Increase Diversity Within Tech, Startup Industry January 21, 2021 - New data released Friday shows startups in Chicago are becoming more diverse, however, the industry stills has a long way to go. Garry Cooper doesn't see many Black and brown… Read More
- SRQ Magazine: We Can Learn From The Emerging Miami Tech Wave January 21, 2021 - The City of Miami, and especially its Mayor Francis Suarez, has decided to seize upon the heavily taxed state business exodus and unroll the red carpet for tech companies. Mayor Suarez… Read More
- Philly Voice: Verizon To Update Philly’s Computer Centers, Help Address Digital Inequality January 21, 2021 - Philadelphia is partnering with Verizon to overhaul its public computer centers and fund an initiative aimed at boosting digital opportunities for residents impacted by the digital divide. The partnership will… Read More
- Chicago Inno: Chicago Tech Companies Raised $2.8B In 2020 As Pandemic Doesn’t Slow VC Funding January 21, 2021 - The Covid-19 pandemic didn't slow down the amount of money flowing to Chicago's startups in 2020 as the city's tech scene raised nearly $3 billion in venture capital funding last… Read More
- LAist: Broadband Relief Coming For Some College Students Under Federal Relief Plans January 21, 2021 - The digital divide that has widened during the pandemic has been more than a stumbling block for many college students trying to adjust to online learning — it's been a… Read More
- Rhode Island Inno: These Ivy League Siblings Are Optimizing Wastewater Treatment January 21, 2021 - Industrial companies in the U.S. collectively use 18.2 billion gallons of water every day in order to run their operations. As a result, they also spend a whopping $106 billion… Read More
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: These 10 VC-Backed Bay Area Companies Raised The Most At The End Of A Record Year January 21, 2021 - When the dust settled on the Bay Area in a pandemic-inflected 2020, it turned out to be one of the best years for the amount of dollars raised since the… Read More
- The Advocate: Baton Rouge Entrepreneurship Conference To Be Virtual Next Week January 21, 2021 - Baton Rouge Entrepreneurship Week, known as BREW, is hosting its annual business conference online next week. BREW is free and requires registration with an optional donation, but there are ticketed… Read More
- The Detroit News: Self-Driving Vehicles Allowed To Skip Some Crash Safety Standards Under New Rule January 21, 2021 - The Trump Administration issued final rules Thursday that will allow self-driving vehicle manufacturers to skip certain federal crash safety requirements in vehicles that aren't designed to carry people. It marks the first… Read More
- The Log: Two New Projects Moving Through Port Of San Diego Blue Economy Incubator January 21, 2021 - In the same way Silicon Valley made a name for itself in the technology field, some at the Port of San Diego are hoping to do the same for San… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a US Tech Community partner.