- State Scoop: Tech Upgrades Could Save Chicago Millions, A Working Group Found August 6, 2020 - As it faces a budget shortfall of more than $700 million, Chicago could recoup much of that gap by making upgrades to its enterprise technology, according to Gilbert Villegas, a city… Read More
- KDVR: A Look At Denver Public Schools’ Effort To Provide Laptops And Internet To Every Student August 6, 2020 - School districts across the state are doing everything they can to make sure students have proper technology and internet access to begin remote learning in August. There are more than… Read More
- CBS 4 Denver: Virtual Camps Make Summer Sparkle For Kids With Special Needs August 5, 2020 - Performing onstage in front of other campers. Bonding with cabinmates. Careening down a zip line. For 16-year-old Brady Thompson, summer has been synonymous with fun at Roundup River Ranch in Gypsum, Colorado.… Read More
- WTOP: Meeting Virtual Learning Challenges For At-Risk DC Students In Southeast August 5, 2020 - The challenges for D.C. students who now know they will be attending school entirely online in the fall are compounded for children and families who do not have enough devices or adequate… Read More
- Built in Chicago: Google Just Admitted This Chicago Startup Into Its Inaugural Accelerator For Black Founders August 5, 2020 - Before 4Degrees raised its seed funding round, before the Chicago startup grew to a team of 14, CEO Ablorde Ashigbi found himself in a boardroom in New York, pitching his startup to… Read More
- Chicago Tribune: New Fiber Optics ‘Micro-Factory’ Opens In Aurora August 4, 2020 - A new fiber optics factory and corporate headquarters for viaPhoton has opened its doors in a far East Side Aurora corporate park. Baber Abbas, viaPhoton CEO, said the location of… Read More
- Denver Business Journal: Galvanize Increases Accessibility For Students Looking To Upskill During Covid-19 August 4, 2020 - Galvanize, a Denver-based technology education program, expects 2020 to be a growth year, in part because of the opportunity to help upskill students who have seen their jobs impacted because… Read More
- Colorado Inno: Denver’s TermScout Lands $1.6M For Legal Technology Platform August 4, 2020 - Processing and reviewing everyday commercial contracts like leases and independent contractor agreements is often a time-consuming and costly process. According to a study from the International Association for Contract and Commercial Management,… Read More
- World Economic Forum: The Pandemic Is Making Autonomous Delivery The New Normal August 3, 2020 - Cough medicine, snacks, baking ingredients: Kelly Passek has shopping delivered weekly to her yard in Christiansburg, Virginia - by a drone. The flying vehicle comes with little fuss, hovering briefly… Read More
- Denver Business Journal: How Comcast’s Denver-Built Tech Helped Its Network Withstand Sky-High Demand July 31, 2020 - Just prior to the Covid-19 pandemic, Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA) teams in Philadelphia and Denver developed and started deploying new AI technology. That tech ended up being a key tool for… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a US Tech Community partner.