- MIT News: Examining Racial Attitudes In Virtual Spaces Through Gaming September 23, 2020 - The national dialogue on race has progressed powerfully and painfully in the past year, and issues of racial bias in the news have become ubiquitous. However, for over a decade,… Read More
- Fast Company: This Whale-Detection Tech Helps Cargo Ships Avoid Deadly Crashes September 23, 2020 - For a blue whale or a humpback, being in the wrong place when a massive cargo ship moves through the ocean can mean death. Along the West Coast, alone, scientists… Read More
- The Philadelphia Tribune: Program Helps Get Student Households Connected September 23, 2020 - PHLConnectED will connect up to 35,000 K–12 student households with internet service and laptops. The program, which focuses on School District of Philadelphia and charter school students, will also provide… Read More
- Technical.ly: Power Moves: b.well Taps Former Vrbo CTO In Tech Leadership Boost September 23, 2020 - John J. Ostlund is joining the Baltimore-based digital health company as CTO in the last month, bringing experience most recently as CTO of vacation rental platform Vrbo and SVP at Expedia, which acquired Vrbo’s parent company… Read More
- Tampa Bay Business Journal: International Manufacturers Sign Deal To Produce USF Tech September 23, 2020 - The University of South Florida has signed licensing agreements with two international companies for technology developed on its campus. USF signed deals with India-based Elefo Biotech and South Africa-based WEC… Read More
- CBS SF BayArea: Coronavirus Tracking App Unveiled To Notify User When They Are Exposed To COVID-19 September 23, 2020 - The state of California has partnered with other western states to pilot a mobile app designed by Google and Apple that notifies a user when they have been exposed to… Read More
- Businesswire: New Orleans Startup Resilia Named One Of 20 Rising Stars As Part Of Forbes’ Cloud 100 List September 23, 2020 - Technology company Resilia, founded in 2016 by nonprofit sector industry leader Sevetri Wilson, has announced its inclusion in this year’s Forbes Cloud 100 list, as part of the 20 Rising Stars category. Each… Read More
- Crain’s Detroit Business: Detroit Fashion And Tech ‘Hackathon’ Returns With Virtual Format September 23, 2020 - A group of coders, designers, artists, entrepreneurs and more will gather virtually later this month for the third annual Detroit Fashion + Tech Hackathon. The event, scheduled for Sept. 25-27,… Read More
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: San Jose Metro Area Is Still Tops For Tech — Here’s Where It Leads September 23, 2020 - The San Jose metro area is once again at the top for the tech economy, according to the Cyberstates 2020 report from the Computing Technology Industry Association, a nonprofit tech… Read More
- KIRO 7: City Leaders Release Action Plan To Increase Public Internet Access In Seattle September 23, 2020 - Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan and members of the City Council on Wednesday released their initial “Internet for All” report and action plan designed to address internet and technology needs that have been… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a US Tech Community partner.