- Bham Now: Incredible Virtual Resource Will Aid Local Educators This School Year August 18, 2020 - As teachers race for accessible pathways to online learning, the Birmingham Museum of Art released a key resource that provides innovative concepts for virtual education. Learn how Culture Bridge: eLearning Across… Read More
- The Seattle Times: An Entrepreneur With Seattle Roots Tracks The Black Experience In Tech August 18, 2020 - As protests spread across the nation in the aftermath of the police killing of George Floyd in May, scores of corporations voiced support and, in some cases, promised changes to… Read More
- reNEWS: Vineyard Picks Marine Life Monitoring Tech Winners August 18, 2020 - Vineyard Wind and Greentown Labs have picked selected three start-ups for their joint Offshore Wind Challenge programme. The start-ups will focus on innovations in marine mammal monitoring through data collection,… Read More
- Built in Chicago: Discovery Partners Institute Launches Its First Scientific Startup Incubator August 18, 2020 - The University of Illinois’ technical education arm just partnered with the National Science Foundation to launch its first virtual startup bootcamp. Named I-Corp, the university’s Discovery Partners Institute will partner 11 entrepreneurial… Read More
- Times of San Diego: SD Tech Has ‘Incredible Fundamentals’ As Sector Sees Leases Rise Despite Pandemic August 18, 2020 - Momentum slowed dramatically in the second quarter for technology companies looking for office space – but, good news for San Diego – not here. The region’s tech hubs – from… Read More
- Mic: What Ever Happened To Those Coronavirus Contact Tracing Apps? August 17, 2020 - Contact tracing — monitoring who’s getting COVID-19 and tracking down anyone who might have been in contact with that person so they can quarantine — has long been considered a… Read More
- WBRC: Birmingham’s “Ed Farm” Continues To Grow August 17, 2020 - A major education initiative in the Magic City has found a way to keep rolling. The pandemic hasn’t stopped work at Birmingham’s Education Farm. In fact, CEO Waymond Jackson says… Read More
- UAB News: UAB School Of Dentistry Implements New Technology In Response To COVID-19 August 17, 2020 - When COVID-19 began impacting day-to-day operations in spring 2020, programs and schools at the University of Alabama at Birmingham realized that, in order to reintegrate back into a new normal alongside the… Read More
- The Seattle Times: How To Help Older People Take Advantage Of Tech To Stay Connected August 17, 2020 - Family gatherings on Zoom and FaceTime. Online orders from grocery stores and pharmacies. Telehealth appointments with physicians. These have been lifesavers for many older adults staying at home during the… Read More
- 3D Print: Michigan Tech Develops Open Source Smart Vision For 3D Printing Quality Control August 17, 2020 - Monitoring and quality control systems are becoming more widespread in additive manufacturing as a means of ensuring repeatability and aiming for first-time-right parts. A greater need for quality control are… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a US Tech Community partner.