- GeekWire: Funding Efforts Aim To Help Get Students Online And Bridge The Digital Divide Amid Pandemic September 29, 2020 - Now a few weeks into remote back-to-school, some of Washington’s K-12 students and educators are finding that internet connectivity is a digital divide that they still can’t span as COVID-19… Read More
- Rhode Island Inno: At Woonsocket Startup Texture In 3D, Art Meets Machinery September 29, 2020 - Peter Lynch has been working in machine shops for more than 20 years. He started as a tool and die maker, where veterans taught him the industry as a real… Read More
- DC Velocity: Logistics Tech Firms Help Speed Up Covid Testing September 29, 2020 - A California company says it has developed a pain-free, rapid-response Covid-19 testing kit that avoids the health risks and reporting delays that come with current testing procedures, and it’s relying… Read More
- Chalkbeat: Thousands Of Students Are Missing From Chicago’s Virtual Classrooms. Here’s The Plan To Find Them. September 29, 2020 - Chicago Public Schools said that 49,000 students failed to log into classrooms on the first day of remote learning, a figure it has now winnowed down to fewer than 6,900… Read More
- WTTW: Illinois Tech’s New Innovation Hub Leader Aims To Make Entrepreneurship Accessible To All September 29, 2020 - Over the past decade, city, state and business leaders have worked to grow Chicago’s profile as a go-to destination for tech entrepreneurs. Maryam Saleh, the new leader of the Illinois… Read More
- Boston Inno: 25 Under 25 September 29, 2020 - They say you're never too old to follow your dreams. Seems that you're never too young, either. Boston teen and college-age technologists and entrepreneurs are living that mantra, founding companies,… Read More
- New Orleans City Business: Louisiana To Develop Technology Learning Centers At Fort Polk Area Schools September 25, 2020 - Louisiana has received over $7.5 million from the federal government to develop learning centers at five Vernon Parish schools where over 2,000 Fort Polk military children attend. The funding came… Read More
- Patch: Detroit Doctor Recognized For Mask Sanitization Innovation September 25, 2020 - Dr. Iltefat H. Hamzavi, a dermatologist at Henry Ford Health System in Detroit, has been given the Patient Care Hero award from the American Academy of Dermatology for his innovative… Read More
- Managed Healthcare Executive: 10 Ways Healthcare Tech Is Helping Combat COVID-19 September 25, 2020 - COVID-19 has seemingly reached into every corner of American healthcare, with new procedures, regulations and safety precautions required to keep patients and caregivers safe and protected from the virus. Wearing… Read More
- Seattle PI: Comcast To Launch Wi-Fi ‘Lift Zones’ In Seattle To Help Students With Remote Learning September 25, 2020 - Seattle will be getting new connectivity zones to help students taking part in remote learning get access to a free and reliable internet connection. Comcast announced this week Seattle is one… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a US Tech Community partner.