- City Biz List: DC-Area Companies Raised Just Shy Of $2B in VC Funding In 2020 January 21, 2021 - The chaos of 2020 didn’t dampen venture capitalists’ deal activity in the D.C. region. Collectively, companies in the D.C. metro area raised $1.957 billion over 162 deals for the year,… Read More
- AZ Big Media: Record Number Of Startups Enrolled In UArizona Center For Innovation January 21, 2021 - The University of Arizona Center for Innovation (UACI) announced that more than 40 startups, a record number, are enrolled in the incubation program. Passionate entrepreneurs from across the nation have flocked to UACI. Each one of the 40+ tech and science-based startups are developing solutions for… Read More
- SRQ Magazine: We Can Learn From The Emerging Miami Tech Wave January 21, 2021 - The City of Miami, and especially its Mayor Francis Suarez, has decided to seize upon the heavily taxed state business exodus and unroll the red carpet for tech companies. Mayor Suarez… Read More
- Philly Voice: Verizon To Update Philly’s Computer Centers, Help Address Digital Inequality January 21, 2021 - Philadelphia is partnering with Verizon to overhaul its public computer centers and fund an initiative aimed at boosting digital opportunities for residents impacted by the digital divide. The partnership will… Read More
- Chicago Inno: Chicago Tech Companies Raised $2.8B In 2020 As Pandemic Doesn’t Slow VC Funding January 21, 2021 - The Covid-19 pandemic didn't slow down the amount of money flowing to Chicago's startups in 2020 as the city's tech scene raised nearly $3 billion in venture capital funding last… Read More
- LAist: Broadband Relief Coming For Some College Students Under Federal Relief Plans January 21, 2021 - The digital divide that has widened during the pandemic has been more than a stumbling block for many college students trying to adjust to online learning — it's been a… Read More
- GeekWire: iSpot Acquires Ace Metrix To Bolster TV Ad Measurement Tech January 20, 2021 - Seattle-area startup iSpot is beefing up its technology platform that measures TV advertisement performance with the acquisition of Los Angeles-based Ace Metrix. The two companies are similar, both offering software to help brands… Read More
- Puget Sound Business Journal: Adam Brotman Turns Bay Area Startup Into A Seattle Company January 20, 2021 - With more than half of its employees based in the Seattle area, Brightloom CEO Adam Brotman said the San Francisco startup is a Seattle company now. Brightloom, a 6-year-old startup that helps… Read More
- Technical.ly: What 10 Black And Latinx Entrepreneurs Say They Need To Succeed In Philadelphia January 20, 2021 - Black and Latinx business owners can thrive in Philly. But they need more resources to do it. COVID-19 has meant reduced business for many entrepreneurs in the form of modified… Read More
- Smart Cities Dive: Philadelphia RFP Looks To Measure City’s Digital Divide January 20, 2021 - The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the digital divide that exists not only between urban and rural settings, but also within cities themselves. With governments issuing stay-at-home orders in a bid to stop… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a US Tech Community partner.