- Puget Sound Business Journal: Seattle’s Flexe Casts Wider Net for Employees Amid Hiring Push March 8, 2021 - Seattle-based Flexe, which offers on-demand warehouse space, wants to grow its headcount by 50% by the end of 2021. According to Flexe co-founder and CEO Karl Siebrecht, the company just welcomed… Read More
- GeekWire: Viva la Growth? What Microsoft’s Bet Means for this Longtime Player in Employee Experience Tech March 4, 2021 - Microsoft doesn’t bet big on small markets. With more than $150 billion in annual revenue and a market value that tops $1.7 trillion, the tech giant needs to see a… Read More
- Pirate Press: Seattle Investors Talk SPACs; Pandemic Impact on Startups; Advice for Founders; and More March 3, 2021 - When the pandemic hit final yr, tech startups started shedding workers and braced for influence. The outlook was bleak, with valuations in jeopardy and corporations apprehensive concerning the means to… Read More
- Pirate Press: Second Wave: Meet the 11 Startups Picked for Washington State’s Maritime Accelerator March 2, 2021 - The Port of Seattle and non-profit strategic alliance Washington Maritime Blue proceed efforts to merge the area’s longstanding maritime heritage with the fashionable innovation economic system as they launched a brand new startup accelerator… Read More
- Puget Sound Business Journal: Highspot Becomes Seattle’s Newest Unicorn After $200M Funding Round March 1, 2021 - Seattle-based Highspot, a software platform for sales teams, announced a $200 million Series E on Monday and hit a $2.3 billion valuation. Highspot joins a growing list of tech unicorns in the… Read More
- Puget Sound Business Journal: Opinion: Tech Companies Are Key to Our Economy, so Why Squeeze Them out? February 24, 2021 - Since the beginning of our fine state, our geographically based assets have ensured a steady supply of family-wage jobs for our people. Initially, those jobs were based on natural resources,… Read More
- TechCrunch: Proptech Startup Knock Secures $20M to Grow SaaS Platform for Property Managers February 23, 2021 - In recent years, the U.S. has seen more renters than at any point since at least 1965, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of Census Bureau housing data. Competition for renters… Read More
- GeekWire: Ally Raises $50M as Remote Work Drives Demand for Goal-Setting Collaboration Software February 22, 2021 - Investors are going all in on Ally. The Seattle startup just landed a $50 million Series C round led by Green Oaks Capital, Tiger Global, and Madrona Venture Group. Total funding… Read More
- Puget Sound Business Journal: Molly Matthews Passes Basket into Digital Age as she Takes the Reins at Redmond-Based Pushpay February 19, 2021 - Molly Matthews will take over as CEO of Redmond-based Pushpay during a time of growth and transformation. The 10-year-old company helps churches collect donations and engage congregants. According to Matthews, Pushpay’s… Read More
- GeekWire: Seattle HR Startup Creates Virtual Program to Meet Surge in Demand for Diversity Training February 18, 2021 - After the death of George Floyd, tech leaders came together last spring and summer to condemn police brutality and vowed to do more to support racial equity and diversity. In… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Seattle Community partner.