- GeekWire: Seattle Startup Heard Raises $1.3M to Help Mental Health Professionals Run Their Own Business March 23, 2021 - New funding: Heard, a 2-year-old startup aiming to help mental health professionals manage bookkeeping and taxes, raised $1.3 million. The company: Heard builds software targeted at clinicians in the mental health industry… Read More
- Puget Sound Business Journal: Machine Learning Startup OctoML Raises $28M as It Ramps up Growth March 22, 2021 - Seattle-based OctoML, a startup that helps clients speed up the launch of their machine learning models, announced Wednesday it has raised a $28 million Series B. Addition led the round,… Read More
- The Seattle Times: ‘Big Burden’ for Schools Trying to Give Kids Internet Access March 19, 2021 - When the coronavirus pandemic shut down schools, educators had to figure out how to get kids online. Fast. In a patchwork approach born of desperation, they scrounged wireless hot spots,… Read More
- Puget Sound Business Journal: Music Discovery Software Helps Producers Hit the Right Note March 18, 2021 - Kirt Debique came to the U.S. from Trinidad and Tobago, a little island seven miles off the coast of Venezuela, when he was 16 to study computer engineering at the… Read More
- Business Insider: Amazon is Gearing up to Launch Its Telehealth Business for Other Companies and the Rest of Its US Employees March 17, 2021 - Amazon is about to launch its telehealth offering for other employers and more Amazon employees throughout the country, two people familiar with the matter told Insider. View full article in Business Insider. Read More
- Puget Sound Business Journal: Tech Support March 16, 2021 - Robert Wahbe says Seattle has been a great place to grow his company. The Highspot co-founder and CEO has watched his company’s growth explode over the past year and, in February,… Read More
- The Seattle Times: Amazon’s Telehealth Arm Quietly Expands to 21 More States March 12, 2021 - An Amazon telehealth outfit that started as a pilot service for Seattle-area employees and their families has quietly filed paperwork to operate in 21 more states, a signal of Amazon’s… Read More
- Puget Sound Business Journal: PSL Ventures Closes $100M Venture Fund Aimed at Early Stage Startups March 11, 2021 - Seattle-based PSL Ventures announced Thursday the close of a $100 million venture capital fund aimed at early stage companies. In addition to investing in local seed and pre-seed companies, PSL… Read More
- GeekWire: How this Seattle VC Missed out on Auth0’s Seed Round, but Persisted and Landed a Big Payoff March 10, 2021 - Seattle venture capitalist Chris DeVore felt something special when he first connected with Auth0 co-founder Eugenio Pace. DeVore, an early-stage investor and managing partner with Founders’ Co-op, knew he wanted to… Read More
- GeekWire: Banzai Raises $15M as Investors Pour Cash into Virtual Event Platforms March 9, 2021 - Banzai, a Seattle startup that sells event marketing software, raised $15 million in venture debt funding. Columbia Pacific Advisors led the round, which included participation from Gaingels. Founded in 2016… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Seattle Community partner.