- The Seattle Times: That Spotty Wi-Fi? There’s $100 Billion to Fix It April 8, 2021 - Kimberly Vasquez, a high school senior in Baltimore, faced a tough problem when the pandemic began. She had no fast internet service in her home, but all her classes were… Read More
- Puget Sound Business Journal: NFT Startup S!ng Looks Beyond the Hype for Digital Assets April 7, 2021 - Seattle-based S!ng has seen the non-fungible token, or NFT, business explode in popularity recently. According to S!ng co-founder and CEO Geoff Osler, the company is more interested in what happens after… Read More
- Puget Sound Business Journal: 3 Months After IPO, Porch Raises 2021 Revenue Forecast April 6, 2021 - Seattle-based Porch Group is raising its 2021 revenue forecast another $5 million, to $175 million, just over three months after starting to trade on the Nasdaq in late December. The… Read More
- Puget Sound Business Journal: Rapid Changes, Quick Success April 2, 2021 - With stores forced to close and people staying home to distance from others, e-commerce has boomed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The resulting need from companies to meet this rapidly changing… Read More
- GeekWire: Seattle-Area Startup Tagboard Signs 4-year Deal with MLB to Enhance Digital Fan Experience April 1, 2021 - Redmond, Wash.-based Tagboard has entered into a new four-year deal with Major League Baseball to help the league create interactive content and experiences utilizing the startup’s cloud-based production platform. View full article… Read More
- Puget Sound Business Journal: Seattle Mints a New Unicorn in Rec Room March 31, 2021 - Seattle-based Rec Room on Wednesday announced it raised $100 million, putting the company's valuation at $1.25 billion. Sequoia Capital and Index Ventures led the round, while Madrona Venture Group participated.… Read More
- Pirate Press: Seattle-Area Legal Tech Startup Advocat Wins Top Prize of 200K at San Diego Angel Conference March 30, 2021 - Advocat Technologies, a Bellevue, Wash.-based startup which makes use of synthetic intelligence to information analysis and drafting for enterprise authorized departments, took high honors and 200,000 in funding on the San… Read More
- The Seattle Times: Diversity Training Steps into the Future with Virtual Reality March 26, 2021 - It’s hard to understand an experience you’ve never had. Still, in an era marked by heightened social awareness on race, expressing empathy and realizing what other people go through can… Read More
- Puget Sound Business Journal: Seattle’s Venture Capital Market Gets Boost from Big Deals March 25, 2021 - The pandemic didn’t stifle Seattle-area venture capital funding. The number of Seattle-area deals in 2020 may have been down 14.3% year over year, according to data from the quarterly PitchBook-NVCA… Read More
- People: Amazon Announces Expansion of Its Telemedicine Service Nationwide That Patients Can Enroll in for Free March 24, 2021 - Amazon is expanding their telemedicine service, Amazon Care, to employees nationwide. On Thursday, the company announced that by the summer, the Amazon Care app will be available to all workers… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Seattle Community partner.