- GeekWire: Funding Efforts Aim To Help Get Students Online And Bridge The Digital Divide Amid Pandemic September 29, 2020 - Now a few weeks into remote back-to-school, some of Washington’s K-12 students and educators are finding that internet connectivity is a digital divide that they still can’t span as COVID-19… Read More
- Seattle PI: Comcast To Launch Wi-Fi ‘Lift Zones’ In Seattle To Help Students With Remote Learning September 25, 2020 - Seattle will be getting new connectivity zones to help students taking part in remote learning get access to a free and reliable internet connection. Comcast announced this week Seattle is one… Read More
- Komo News: Electric Scooters Coming To Seattle: Lime To Deploy 500 To City Street This Week September 24, 2020 - Electric scooters are set to return to the city's streets this week after Lime was issued a permit Tuesday by Seattle's Department of Transportation, paving the way for the personal mobility scooters… Read More
- KIRO 7: City Leaders Release Action Plan To Increase Public Internet Access In Seattle September 23, 2020 - Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan and members of the City Council on Wednesday released their initial “Internet for All” report and action plan designed to address internet and technology needs that have been… Read More
- GeekWire: What Makes Smoke Forecasts So Hard To Predict — And How Tech Could Help September 22, 2020 - If you’ve been disappointed with the accuracy of snow forecasting in the Pacific Northwest, you’re really not going to like what our region can do with wildfire smoke predictions. For… Read More
- GeekWire: The Pandemic Stopped Angela Shen’s Seattle Food Tours — And Tech Powers Her Pivot To Delivery September 16, 2020 - It’s tough to run a business dependent on tourism when there are no tourists, and when the places you would show off to the tourists are closed by a global… Read More
- Puget Sound Business Journal: Uniform Teeth Expands To Seattle, Eyes Bellevue Next September 15, 2020 - Uniform Teeth, a San Francisco-based orthodontist startup, has landed in South Lake Union this month in search of tech-savvy customers who want a high-tech way to straighten their teeth. “We’re… Read More
- GeekWire: Seattle Health Tech Startup Optimize.health Raises $15.6M For Remote Patient Monitoring Service September 14, 2020 - Seattle startup Optimize.health raised $15.6 million to help meet demand for its remote patient monitoring technology as investor interest in digital health solutions increases amid the pandemic. Founded in 2015, Optimize sells… Read More
- GeekWire: Seattle-Area Inventor Wins Global COVID Hackathon For Tech That Alerts Public About Crowded Spaces September 11, 2020 - As COVID-19 social distancing restrictions have eased, people are going into stores, restaurants and restrooms while still trying to stay at least six feet apart. But what if you can’t… Read More
- Mind Matters News: Seattle Area A Good Site For 5G Development, Says Analyst September 10, 2020 - At COSM 2019, Jay Richards interviewed Bruce Agnew, Director of the Seattle-based ACES Northwest Network on the collective’s work in bringing ACES (Automated, Connected, Electric, and Shared) vehicle technologies to the Puget Sound region. They discussed,… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Seattle Community partner.