- Borgen Magazine: Drone Reforestation: How New Tech is Rehabilitating Forests January 26, 2021 - Across the globe, communities are fighting for revitalized tree cover. Biodiversity loss and efforts to mitigate climate change are driving forces for this renewed interest in forests. Unfortunately, high costs… Read More
- Verizon: Accelerating America: Affordability, Adoption, Access January 25, 2021 - Today, Verizon urges a new government approach to help bridge the digital divide. The pandemic has made clear that broadband is critical to daily life and that a lack of… Read More
- Puget Sound Business Journal: Seattle Biotech AltPep Closes $23M Funding Round For Alzheimer’s Research January 25, 2021 - Seattle biotech AltPep Corp. closed a $23 million series A funding round last week, which will go toward its Alzheimer’s research. The biotech is a portfolio company of IntuitiveX, a… Read More
- The Seattle Times: Startup Funding Touches New Records Amid Pandemic January 22, 2021 - What began as a desperate year for startups, characterized by mass layoffs as the pandemic took hold, turned into a record venture capital funding haul. Despite the economic tumult wrought by… Read More
- GeekWire: Buoyed By A Booming Tech Sector, Seattle Surpasses Atlanta To Claim 10th Largest Regional Economy January 21, 2021 - The Seattle region continues to boom. The regional economy — encompassing Tacoma, Everett, Seattle, Redmond and Bellevue — boasts a gross domestic product of $383 billion, according to an analysis… Read More
- GeekWire: iSpot Acquires Ace Metrix To Bolster TV Ad Measurement Tech January 20, 2021 - Seattle-area startup iSpot is beefing up its technology platform that measures TV advertisement performance with the acquisition of Los Angeles-based Ace Metrix. The two companies are similar, both offering software to help brands… Read More
- Puget Sound Business Journal: Adam Brotman Turns Bay Area Startup Into A Seattle Company January 20, 2021 - With more than half of its employees based in the Seattle area, Brightloom CEO Adam Brotman said the San Francisco startup is a Seattle company now. Brightloom, a 6-year-old startup that helps… Read More
- Puget Sound Business Journal: Seattle Pay-Equity Software Startup Syndio Raises $17.1M Series B January 15, 2021 - Seattle-based Syndio announced a $17.1 million Series B round Thursday, adding to a $7.5 million Series A the company raised in May. The 4-year-old startup is looking to build out… Read More
- King 5: Verizon Brings Next Generation 5G Technology To Seattle January 14, 2021 - ou’ve heard the phrase 5G when it comes to smartphones – but what does it really mean? We talked with Verizon tech expert David Weissmann to learn about Verizon’s growing 5G network… Read More
- GeekWire: Omnivor Raises $2.7M As Pandemic Spurs Interest In Holographic Media From Nike, T-Mobile, Others January 13, 2021 - Investors are putting more fuel behind Omnivor, a Seattle startup gaining traction with its 3D holographic content media production platform. Sway Ventures led a $2.7 million seed round, which included participation… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Seattle Community partner.