- CBS 8: San Diego Tech Group Targets Black Male Teens for STEM Training March 1, 2021 - A San Diego non-profit says the pandemic has shed light on the disparities that many Black students are facing with technology needs. Black Tech Link created a new STEM training program that targets… Read More
- Yahoo News: A Simple Patch Could Help Monitor Your Cardiovascular Health February 26, 2021 - Engineers at the University of California San Diego have developed a skin patch that has the ability to continuously measure blood pressure and heart rate, among other things. An innovative… Read More
- The San Diego Union-Tribune: Teen Tech Center at Boys & Girls Club of San Marcos Gets More Funding February 25, 2021 - The nonprofit Boys & Girls Club of San Marcos received funding from Sony Electronics to run its Best Buy Teen Tech Center another five years. The 2,000-square-foot Teen Tech Center,… Read More
- Slash Gear: Air-Powered Robot Uses No Electronics February 24, 2021 - University of California San Diego engineers have created a soft quadruped robot that doesn’t require any electronics to work. The robot only needs a constant source of pressurized air to… Read More
- Apple Insider: Apple Maps Cycling Navigation Expands to San Diego, Portland February 23, 2021 - Apple has expanded cycling directions in Apple Maps to San Diego, California and Portland, Oregon. Although the company has yet to update its availability list, users in San Diego and Portland recently began… Read More
- The San Diego Union-Tribune: Opinion: California Must Welcome Technology Growth and Investment. Our Economic Recovery Depends on it February 22, 2021 - It is difficult to understate the role that digital technologies have played in supporting our communities this past year. A complete pivot to virtual communication in our personal and professional… Read More
- UC San Diego: New Skin Patch Brings Us Closer to Wearable, All-in-One Health Monitor February 17, 2021 - Engineers at the University of California San Diego have developed a soft, stretchy skin patch that can be worn on the neck to continuously track blood pressure and heart rate… Read More
- NBC San Diego: Noticing Disparities in Tech, Afro-Latino Entrepreneur Launches Start-Up Incubator February 15, 2021 - A first-generation Afro-Latino immigrant is making a name for himself in the entrepreneurial world and is using his talents to create a space for more people like him in tech.… Read More
- The San Diego Union-Tribune: Working from Home is Where Your Heart is … or isn’t February 11, 2021 - I don’t know about you, but I feel like a fog is slowly lifting over our nation. Maybe it’s the swearing-in of a new administration. Or the recent lessening of… Read More
- Yahoo Finance: TOOTRiS, a Technology Innovator Connecting Parents and Child Care Providers in Real Time – Receives the Moving San Diego Forward Award February 10, 2021 - TOOTRiS, the fastest growing tech-enabled service provider enabling parents, providers, and employers to connect and transact quality Child Care services online, are proud to announce that the San Diego Regional… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a San Diego County Community partner.