- San Diego Union-Tribune: After growing up with limited access to technology, nonprofit founder wants to bridge digital gap for others October 9, 2021 - Nishal Mohan’s parents struggled and worked in their village in Guyana until he was 8 years old, later applying to become teachers in the Bahamas, where they moved with a… Read More
- The San Diego Union-Tribune: Magic Johnson talks up smart cities technology as tool to close inner-city digital divide October 8, 2021 - Can streetlights help end the digital divide in cities? Maybe they can if they’re smart. Qualcomm showed off streetlights at its San Diego campus on Monday that not only dim,… Read More
- UC San Diego: San Diego Supercomputer Center Takes a Lead in Fighting Fires Proactively October 7, 2021 - According to scientists, a century of suppressing wildfires has created a dangerous stockpile of flammable vegetation on landscapes. This “fire fuel” has fed the megafires that put human life and… Read More
- Wonderful Engineering: These Researchers May Have Ushered In A New Era Of Solid-State Batteries – With Upgraded Performance And Capacities October 2, 2021 - Currently, industries and operations are shifting to renewable sources of energy. With this in mind, it is essential to have storage equipment to tide over low production cycles. At present,… Read More
- Startup Beat: Founder Institute To Launch Program In San Diego October 1, 2021 - The world’s largest pre-seed accelerator Founder Institute has announced it is launching its virtual San Diego program, providing aspiring founders with an opportunity to further their startups. Read the full article… Read More
- The San Diego Union-Tribune: San Diego County is ‘primed to burn.’ Firefighters will be ready with a high-tech, high-speed response September 15, 2021 - Up on Mount Laguna, on a late August day on which the thermometer had hit 92, Talbot Hayes scooped a dead piece of pine tree off the ground and gently… Read More
- mHealth Intelligence: UC San Diego Health Takes Aim at Telehealth, mHealth Innovation September 8, 2021 - The University of California at San Diego Health System is joining the growing ranks of health systems seeking to develop and in many cases commercialize innovative telehealth and mHealth devices… Read More
- Smart Cities Dive: 3 cities enter accelerator program to help achieve 100% zero-emissions commercial vehicles by 2030 September 7, 2021 - The National Resources Defense Council (NRDC), the International Council on Clean Transportation and other nonprofits and industry groupshave awarded Chicago, San Diego and San Jose, California, each with a $100,000… Read More
- CleanTechnica: “Zero Now Fund” Powers Electric Trucks In Chicago, San Diego, & San Jose September 5, 2021 - The time is now. Although the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is mulling over a national truck emissions standard, the soonest it could begin putting this in motion is 2027. We… Read More
- University of San Diego: Igniting a Spark in Students Learning Math September 4, 2021 - Math can be an intimidating subject for students. As they progress from addition and subtraction to algebra and geometry, new and abstract topics can become more difficult to understand. “When… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a San Diego County Community partner.