- Fox News: Fighting California’s Future Wildfires With Revolutionary New VR Technology September 17, 2020 - Every year it seems the wildfires sweeping through California cannot get worse – until they do. The inferno currently devastating federal land just north of Sacramento, termed the August Complex Fire in Mendocino National… Read More
- The San Diego Union-Tribune: This La Jolla Couple Is Raising Millions To Invest In San Diego’s Tech Scene September 16, 2020 - The rallying behind San Diego’s tech scene — a once loud and growing segment of local business — has cooled this year, but there’s a glimmer of activity on the… Read More
- The San Diego Union-Tribune: San Diego’s SmartDrive To Merge With Omnitracs To Expand Tech Portfolio For Commercial Fleets September 15, 2020 - SmartDrive Systems, a San Diego maker of in-cab video technology to boost safety and productivity for commercial truck drivers, is being acquired by Omnitracs, a much larger fleet telematics outfit… Read More
- Disruptive Competition Project: Entertainment Evolution: What’s Happening To Content Due To COVID-19 (Part 1) September 11, 2020 - Much of the content, industries, and people we enjoy watching has been upended by the COVID-19 pandemic. Live entertainment such as sporting events, concerts, and festivals has been particularly impacted.… Read More
- UC San Diego News: New Anode Material Could Lead To Safer Fast-Charging Batteries September 10, 2020 - Scientists at UC San Diego have discovered a new anode material that enables lithium-ion batteries to be safely recharged within minutes for thousands of cycles. Known as a disordered rocksalt,… Read More
- National Institutes of Health: NIH Continues To Boost National COVID-19 Testing Capacity September 9, 2020 - The National Institutes of Health today announced $129.3 million in scale-up and manufacturing support for a new set of COVID-19 testing technologies as part of its Rapid Acceleration of Diagnostics (RADx)… Read More
- Government Technology: Artificial Intelligence Is Helping To Spot California Wildfires September 9, 2020 - As 12,000 lightning strikes pummeled the Bay Area this month, igniting hundreds of fires, fire spotters sprang into action. Their arsenal of tools includes thermal imagery collected by space satellites;… Read More
- Times of San Diego: Local Tech Company Phamatech Will Expand COVID-19 Testing to Weekdays September 4, 2020 - The San Diego-based medical technology company Phamatech Laboratory and Diagnostics Inc. announced Friday it is expanding its COVID-19 testing services to seven days a week for the general public in San Diego.… Read More
- UC San Diego News Center: All-Female Science Party Aboard R/V Sally Ride Continues 71-year CalCOFI Measurement Series September 3, 2020 - Many women of our generation entering careers in marine science take for granted that we will be given the same opportunities and respect as men receive. Less than a decade… Read More
- SDSU News Center: Student Organization Applies Technology To Overcome Pandemic Challenges September 2, 2020 - In spring 2020, the San Diego State University chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM SDSU) was preparing to elect new officers for the 2020-21 academic year. Typically, aspiring officers… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a San Diego County Community partner.