- Fox 5: Telework capability in county nearly doubles in pandemic, report finds May 14, 2021 - Nearly half of all San Diego County businesses were able to offer the ability to telework during the COVID-19 pandemic, an increase of 20% from pre-pandemic figures, a San Diego… Read More
- Fox 5: How to get a $50 discount on your broadband bill May 13, 2021 - Certain Americans qualify for funds through the FCC’s Emergency Broadband Benefit, which will supply some households and families with a $50 discount on their broadband bills. Read more on Fox… Read More
- The Spoon: Accel Robotics to Launch Autonomous Valet Market in High-Rise Community May 12, 2021 - Cashierless checkout startup Accel Robotics announced today its autonomous Valet Market will soon open inside the Vantage Pointe high-rise residential building, located in the company’s hometown of San Diego, California. View full article… Read More
- Hispanic Executive: Rudy Reyes-“The Future Is Here” May 11, 2021 - Picture a future in which firefighters use augmented reality helmets to locate trapped victims, drones deliver vaccines to rural populations, and traffic signals change based on how many autonomous cars… Read More
- The San Diego Union-Tribune: Employers, Insurers Push to Make Virtual Visits Regular Care May 7, 2021 - Make telemedicine your first choice for most doctor visits. That’s the message some U.S. employers and insurers are sending with a new wave of care options. View full article in… Read More
- Reuters: Qualcomm Sees Revenue, Profits Above Estimates As Supply Chain Improves May 5, 2021 - Qualcomm Inc (QCOM.O) on Wednesday forecast current-quarter sales and adjusted profits above Wall Street estimates, with executives saying they see supply constraints easing as smartphone buyers upgrade to 5G and former Huawei… Read More
- The San Diego Union-Tribune: Apple to Expand San Diego Engineering Hub, Boosting Workforce to 5,000 Over Five Years April 29, 2021 - Apple plans to vastly increase its engineering footprint in San Diego, pledging to grow its local workforce to more than 5,000 employees over the next five years. View full article… Read More
- State of Reform: Pandemic Pushes California into New Age of Telehealth and Telecommuting April 28, 2021 - Though the technology needed to work from home and consult with health professionals online has been established for decades, traditional paradigms remained in place. During the pandemic, however, Californians have… Read More
- The San Diego Union-Tribune: Mayor Expanding San Diego’s Free Internet Program with More Locations, Hotspots, Laptops April 27, 2021 - San Diego Mayor Todd Gloria on Tuesday expanded an ongoing city effort to boost internet access in low-income neighborhoods with free wireless service, city-sponsored “hotspots” and laptops available for loan… Read More
- Times of San Diego: San Diego’s General Atomics to Develop Exotic Nuclear Propulsion for Lunar Missions April 23, 2021 - The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency has awarded San Diego-based General Atomics a contract to develop nuclear propulsion for future lunar missions. View full article in Times of San Diego. Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a San Diego County Community partner.