- Forbes: Unlocking Corporate Diversity Efforts To Get More Employees, Sales And Shareholder Value December 1, 2020 - Mobile telecommunications may be the most equalizing of technologies. Through competition, innovation, and market-led regulatory policies, mobile operators have been able to empower nearly every person on the earth with… Read More
- La Jolla Light: UCSD Tests New Tech To Help Make Self-Driving Cars Safer November 30, 2020 - To help make self-driving cars safer in challenging weather, engineers at UC San Diego are developing new technologies and fusing them with existing ones to improve how the vehicles “see”… Read More
- San Diego Union Tribune: Bally’s Buys Sports Betting Tech Company, Closes AC Purchase November 26, 2020 - Bally’s Corp. has purchased a sports betting technology company for $125 million and has finalized the purchase of a casino in Atlantic City. The transactions, both announced Wednesday night, give… Read More
- San Diego Union-Tribune: FIFA Seeks Better Tech For Offside, Cheaper Video Review November 24, 2020 - FIFA is working with technology firms to develop better visuals of offside lines and improve decision making by referees, the soccer body said Tuesday. FIFA provided an update on its… Read More
- ZDNet: Verizon, Amazon Demonstrate Connected Vehicles Using 5G, Edge Computing With LG, Renovo, Savari November 16, 2020 - South Korean electronics giant LG, along with two California startups, is testing advanced vehicle safety technology via Verizon's 5G wireless connectivity and Amazon's AWS edge computing, Verizon announced on Wednesday. The… Read More
- Breaking Defense: Augmented Reality Opening Soon At A VA Operating Theater Near You November 16, 2020 - Doctor-to-screen medical technologies are being accelerated by Verizon’s involvement in the Veterans Health Administration’s Innovation Ecosystem to help address COVID-19 and hospital needs. Where once the family doctor would arrive in… Read More
- U.S. Department of Defense: DOD Works With Industry To Ramp Up 5G Network Innovation November 16, 2020 - Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment Ellen M. Lord, spoke today about the future 5G network technology remotely from the Pentagon to the MITRE Corporation. 5G will transform… Read More
- TV Technology: 10 Ways 5G Will Revolutionize Broadcasting November 16, 2020 - Before the internet transformed virtually every facet our lives, broadcasting was the only way to disseminate information to the masses in real time. The invention of radio and television were… Read More
- DigiDay: How 5G And Immersive Experiences Are Changing Live Event Participation November 16, 2020 - Live events certainly took a hit, to put it mildly, as a result of COVID-19. Concerts, conferences and games — the hallmarks of thriving global business and entertainment industries —… Read More
- SYFY Wire: Now You Can Beam A Hologram Of Yourself To Someone Else, No R2D2 Needed November 12, 2020 - When the first Star Wars movie came out in 1977, Leia could have never imagined there would eventually be something that was a level up from R2-D2 when it came to sending hologram… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a San Diego County Community partner.