- Providence Journal: House approves electronic voting bill over opposition from Board of Elections, others June 21, 2021 - The state's top election officials raised warning flags. One state lawmaker after another stated their misgivings about a bill moving through the State House to allow remote voting without a paper trail.… Read More
- Brown Daily Herald: BrainGate consortium develops new approach of brain-to-text communication through handwriting June 21, 2021 - In a May study published in Nature, the BrainGate research consortium — which includes researchers from Brown, Stanford University and Case Western Reserve University — presented a new system of brain-to-text communication via… Read More
- Rhode Island Inno: Four years, four takeaways: Rhode Island-Israel Collaborative celebrates 4th birthday June 21, 2021 - After moving from Israel to Rhode Island to foster better business opportunities for himself and his family, Avi Nevel, president and CEO of the Rhode Island-Israel Collaborative, created the coalition that… Read More
- Newport this Week: Bill on Broadband Passes House June 17, 2021 - On June 3, the House of Representatives approved legislation sponsored by House Innovation, Internet and Technology Committee Chairwoman Deborah Ruggiero to strategically cultivate expanded broadband service statewide. Read the full… Read More
- Government Technology: Rhode Island Lawmakers Push Election Cybersecurity Assessment June 17, 2021 - Conducting a cybersecurity assessment of Rhode Island’s election systems could soon fall to the secretary of state, if Gov. Daniel McKee signs a recently proposed bill by state lawmakers. Read the… Read More
- The Valley Breeze: Grant allows NP Library to loan out home office kits June 17, 2021 - Wanting to provide more residents with access to technology and bridge the digital gap in town, staff at the North Providence Union Free Library have created what they’re calling “Any… Read More
- Rhode Island Inno: Inno Blazers: Meet the winners of Rhody’s fourth annual INNO Fire Awards June 17, 2021 - Four panelists and more than 50 attendees joined Rhode Island INNO last Wednesday as we hosted our fourth annual INNO Fire Awards, honoring the startups in our local ecosystem setting… Read More
- The Providence Journal: Opinion/Pietz and Alexander: Make Broadband Access a Priority in RI June 11, 2021 - We would like to offer a perspective on broadband access that runs counter to recent claims by the incumbent providers. Rhode Island has been suffering from inadequate broadband service for… Read More
- Rhode Island Inno: Ocean State Update: The Biggest Rhode Island Tech & Startup News From May June 10, 2021 - At the end of every month, we recap the biggest tech and startup happenings in Rhode Island. We have an archive of past roundups here. To get this info weekly (Tuesday… Read More
- Rhode Island Inno: Rhode Island Inno Approved: June Tech & Startup Events to Know About June 9, 2021 - Because Rhode Island is a veritable hive of cool people doing cool things and hiring personal assistants is expensive, we at Rhode Island Inno have established a curated calendar of… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Providence Community partner.