- Providence Business Journal: McKee announces $1.7 million in Rhode Island broadband grants December 10, 2021 - Gov. Dan McKee has announced up to $1.7 million to increase internet access for low- and moderate-income households across the state. "Today's awards will help Rhode Islanders better access reliable… Read More
- Rhode Island Inno: Ocean State Update: The biggest Rhode Island tech and startup news from November December 9, 2021 - At the end of every month, we recap the biggest tech and startup happenings in Rhode Island. To get this info weekly (Tuesday afternoons, to be exact), sign up for… Read More
- Rhode Island Monthly: The 2021 Tech10 Awards December 8, 2021 - In this constantly evolving society, the people in the information technology field, or IT as we call it, are learning new skills and keeping up with the latest trends. Rhode Island… Read More
- Newport Daily News: Newport Housing Authority awarded $980,000 for residents’ internet access December 7, 2021 - Tommy Sheehan, president of the Hi-Lo Neighborhood Association, saw kids struggling to do homework in Donovan Manor and other public housing complexes during the early days of the COVID pandemic… Read More
- Brown Daily Herald: Brown, RISD team wins ‘Most Creative Concept’ at NASA Challenge Forum November 29, 2021 - A team of students from Brown and the Rhode Island School of Design took home the ‘Most Creative Concept’ award after presenting at NASA’s 2021 Breakthrough, Innovative and Game-changing Idea… Read More
- Rhode Island Inno: Tech-enabled laundry service with R.I. roots now operating across 29 states November 14, 2021 - A couple of years ago, North Kingstown resident John MacKrell came up with an idea for a tech-enabled next-day laundry pickup and delivery service at customers' fingertips. Now HappyNest Inc., with its… Read More
- Rhode Island Inno: Women entrepreneurs drive online microbusiness growth November 13, 2021 - Women are responsible for more than half of online microbusinesses started in the U.S. since the onset of the pandemic. Black people and women have started more of these very… Read More
- Rhode Island Inno: Ocean State Update: The biggest Rhode Island tech & startup news from October November 12, 2021 - At the end of every month, we recap the biggest tech and startup happenings in Rhode Island. To get this info weekly (Tuesday afternoons, to be exact), sign up for the… Read More
- Rhode Island Inno: Rhode Island startup Ritual Motion is trying to build a new kind of gaming community November 11, 2021 - A Rhode Island entrepreneur is trying to create a community-focused alternative to video-game streaming titans like Twitch and YouTube, and is looking for investment from the community along the way. RitualMotion,… Read More
- Boston Globe: This Swedish digital health startup is coming to Rhode Island, hoping to reduce unnecessary surgeries for joint pain November 10, 2021 - The founders of a Swedish digital clinic are looking to treat Rhode Islanders for their knee and other chronic joint pain. Joint Academy, cofounded by Jakob Dahlberg in 2014 with his… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Providence Community partner.