- Government Technology: 9 More States, D.C. Join Verizon Digital Inclusion Program September 24, 2021 - About six weeks after the Georgia Department of Education finalized a multi-state agreement with Verizon to get discounted Internet and devices to families in need, a coalition of nine other states led… Read More
- Rhode Island Inno: 5 UNDER 25 September 23, 2021 - They’re ambitious, they’re smart and they’re pretty darn successful. The Ocean State is filled with innovative young entrepreneurs. This year, we've chosen to highlight just a handful of especially bright… Read More
- PR Newswire: Caterpillar Acquires CarbonPoint Solutions September 15, 2021 - Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT) has acquired Enhanced Energy Group, Inc. operating as "CarbonPoint Solutions," a U.S.-based carbon capture technology company. Headquartered in Rhode Island, CarbonPoint Solutions provides technology to concentrate and capture CO2 for utilization or… Read More
- Make Use Of: How Good Is 5G in Your State? The 5 Fastest Connections Revealed September 14, 2021 - While 5G hasn’t rolled out entirely across the US, it’s becoming increasingly available. But considering the size of the country and each states’ varying infrastructures, huge disparities exist. As 5G… Read More
- PR Web: The Top 100 Brown Alumni in Technology of 2021 September 13, 2021 - Founded in 1764 in Providence, Rhode Island, Brown University was the first Ivy League school to accept students from all religious affiliations, a statement to the spirit of openness that… Read More
- Insurance Newscast: Rhode Island Looks to Solidify Net Neutrality Requirements September 2, 2021 - Currently, in Rhode Island, an executive order passed by the state's previous Gov. Gina Raimondo requires Internet service providers to comply with neutrality requirements when entering into certain public procurement contracts. Read the… Read More
- What’s Up Newp: Op-Ed: The Last Mile: Getting fiber broadband to your home or business September 1, 2021 - As the pandemic continues, it’s been an eye-opener on how important access to high-speed fiber optic is in our modern life. Decades ago, our nation created infrastructure programs for electricity,… Read More
- Go Local Prov: Top RI Innovator-Maker Schartner Leaves Role at Venture Cafe at Wexford Building September 1, 2021 - Tuni Schartner, arguably the leader in building the innovation community in Rhode Island is leaving her as Executive Director of the Venture Café Providence and District Hall Providence at the… Read More
- Naval Sea Systems Command: Undersea warfare analyst wins Society of Women Engineers 2021 Helen Martha Sternberg Award August 31, 2021 - Sierra Palmer, an undersea warfare analyst in the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Newport’s Undersea Warfare Engineering and Analysis Department, has won the Society of Women Engineers 2021 Helen… Read More
- Central Falls Patch: Cox Reminds Central Falls Residents Of $50 Broadband Benefit August 20, 2021 - A federal program helps eligible households pay for their internet service during the pandemic, and one provider wants to remind Central Falls residents about the opportunity. Read the full article… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Providence Community partner.