- Verizon: Accelerating America: Affordability, Adoption, Access January 25, 2021 - Today, Verizon urges a new government approach to help bridge the digital divide. The pandemic has made clear that broadband is critical to daily life and that a lack of… Read More
- University of Rhode Island: ‘Smart Bandage’ Detects, Could Prevent Infections January 25, 2021 - Bandages are great for covering wounds, but they would be much more useful if they could also detect infections. By embedding nanosensors in the fibers of a bandage, University of… Read More
- Rhode Island Inno: These Ivy League Siblings Are Optimizing Wastewater Treatment January 21, 2021 - Industrial companies in the U.S. collectively use 18.2 billion gallons of water every day in order to run their operations. As a result, they also spend a whopping $106 billion… Read More
- Rhode Island Inno: How Squadlocker Grew Its 2020 Revenue With Pandemic Specific Products January 20, 2021 - When the coronavirus pandemic sent the economy into tailspin in March, SquadLocker, a venture-backed tech company that sells apparel to sports teams and other organizations, faced no shortage of challenges. The… Read More
- Rhode Island Inno: This Brown Startup Designed A Collapsible Shopping Basket With And For Wheelchair Users January 19, 2021 - A lot of able-bodied people don’t realize just how difficult it can be for wheelchair users to complete a regular, everyday task like grocery shopping. Grocery stores offer plastic hand… Read More
- The Rhode Show: Verizon Brings Next Generation 5G Technology to Southern New England January 13, 2021 - You’ve heard the phrase 5G when it comes to smartphones – but what does it really mean? This morning Verizon tech expert David Weissmann joined us to talk about Verizon’s growing 5G network and… Read More
- Built In: These Are The New Digital Design Trends To Watch In 2021 January 11, 2021 - Well, we made it. It’s 2021, and, if you’re reading this, you’ve endured a year of unimaginable disruption. Design has always played a role in shaping our vision of the future. But… Read More
- Providence Monthly: Dr. Megan Ranney January 6, 2021 - The pandemic transformed doctors into unexpected national and local celebrities. Think Anthony Fauci or Rhode Island Department of Health Director Nicole Alexander-Scott. Megan Ranney is another, a local doctor and… Read More
- Rhode Island Inno: How The Ocean State Innovates: The Top Startup Stories Of 2020 January 4, 2021 - Here we are at the end of 2020, a year that has been nothing but tumultuous. At the beginning of the year, few among us would have thought we would… Read More
- Manufacturing.net: New Remediation Tech Removes, Destroys ‘Forever Chemicals’ December 23, 2020 - University of Rhode Island hydrogeologist Thomas Boving and colleagues at EnChem Engineering Inc. are testing a proprietary new technology for quickly removing and destroying hazardous chemical compounds from soil and groundwater.… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Providence Community partner.