- Technical.ly: Science Center Scored a Federal STEM Grant to Expand its BULB Training Program January 26, 2021 - The Economic Development Administration (EDA) announced this week that seven STEM-focused institutions, including Philly’s University City Science Center, are the recipients of federal funding to boost science, tech, engineering and math training in… Read More
- Verizon: Accelerating America: Affordability, Adoption, Access January 25, 2021 - Today, Verizon urges a new government approach to help bridge the digital divide. The pandemic has made clear that broadband is critical to daily life and that a lack of… Read More
- The Philadelphia Inquirer: Accolade Inc., A Plymouth Meeting Health-Care Navigator, Branches Out Into Second Opinions To Help Patients January 22, 2021 - Shares in Accolade Inc. rose nearly 10% Friday on news that the company agreed to pay $360 million for 2nd.MD, a Houston company that will extend Accolade’s health-care navigation services… Read More
- Philly Voice: Verizon To Update Philly’s Computer Centers, Help Address Digital Inequality January 21, 2021 - Philadelphia is partnering with Verizon to overhaul its public computer centers and fund an initiative aimed at boosting digital opportunities for residents impacted by the digital divide. The partnership will… Read More
- Technical.ly: What 10 Black And Latinx Entrepreneurs Say They Need To Succeed In Philadelphia January 20, 2021 - Black and Latinx business owners can thrive in Philly. But they need more resources to do it. COVID-19 has meant reduced business for many entrepreneurs in the form of modified… Read More
- Smart Cities Dive: Philadelphia RFP Looks To Measure City’s Digital Divide January 20, 2021 - The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the digital divide that exists not only between urban and rural settings, but also within cities themselves. With governments issuing stay-at-home orders in a bid to stop… Read More
- CBS 3 Philly: Brotherly Love: Computer Smiles Helping Public Get Technology Into Homes January 15, 2021 - During COVID, local libraries are a lifeline for people who need internet access. But libraries can’t accommodate everyone. So one library system is hoping the public can help them get… Read More
- Technical.ly: Mark These 8 Tech And Biz Growth Events On Your January Calendar January 14, 2021 - It’s the beginning of a brand new year, and we’ve finally got the hang of virtual events by now. Which — great, because we’ve got a chilly month ahead, and there’s nothing… Read More
- Metro: Philly’s First Virtual Food Hall Now Has A Sweet Treat January 13, 2021 - When Fine-Drawn Hospitality first thought of the idea of the city’s first-ever virtual food hall, the original goal was to bring diversity to the takeout experience for those at home,… Read More
- Philadelphia Business Journal: 7 Philadelphia-Area Tech Firms To Watch In 2021 January 7, 2021 - What pandemic? As Covid-19 threw the region’s business world into uncharted territory in 2020, many of the fastest-growing, venture-backed tech companies continued to grow their teams, bring on new customers… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Philadelphia Community partner.