- Technical.ly: Case Studies: How Can Tech Employers Boost Diversity in the Talent Pipeline, Starting with K-12? April 8, 2021 - Increasing diversity is a necessary change for tech teams that care about equity, and building tools that benefit all into the future. But for more systemic impact, that work can’t happen… Read More
- Philadelphia Business Journal: University City Science Center Selects 8 Life Sciences Startups for Accelerator Cohort April 6, 2021 - University City Science Center selected eight new life sciences startups to join its Launch Lane accelerator, including five companies based in Philadelphia. View full article in Philadelphia Business Journal. Read More
- Philadelphia Business Journal: Brandywine, Pa. Biotech Center Detail Plans for Life Sciences Incubator at Cira Centre April 2, 2021 - Brandywine Realty Trust is teaming up with the Pennsylvania Biotechnology Center of Bucks County to create B.Labs, a life science incubator at Cira Centre. The 50,000-square-foot B.Labs, expected to open… Read More
- Technical.ly: goPuff’s $1.15B Raise is a Big Deal. Here’s What VCs and Founders Say it Means for Philly April 1, 2021 - When on-demand delivery company goPuff dropped the news of its $1.15 billion investment this week, it seemed at the same time astounding and yet not: It’s sort of what we’ve come to expect,… Read More
- Technical.ly: A New Life Sciences Incubator is Slated to Open in University City at the End of 2021 March 31, 2021 - Developer Brandywine Realty Trust has partnered with the Pennsylvania Biotechnology Center (PABC) on a new incubator space the duo said is slated to open at the end of this year. The space, B.Labs, will open… Read More
- Technical.ly: This Sibling Duo Is Launching Tendo, a Cloud-Based Healthcare Platform that Connects the Care Cycle March 26, 2021 - Sibling team Jennifer and Dan Goldsmith have spent the last few decades building enterprise cloud solutions within the healthcare and education industries, and now have their sights set on their hometown for their next… Read More
- Philadelphia Business Journal: Qualcomm Exec Liren Chen Picked to Replace Retiring InterDigital CEO March 25, 2021 - Wireless technology company InterDigital said longtime CEO William J. Merritt will retire, effective April 5, and be succeeded by Qualcomm executive Liren Chen. View full article in Philadelphia Business Journal. Read More
- Technical.ly: FORT Robotics Raised $13M and Plans to Double Its Workforce March 25, 2021 - Three-year-old FORT Robotics, a Washington Square-based startup that builds wireless functional safety systems for autonomous machines, announced that it raised a $13 million round of venture capital. View full article in… Read More
- Philadelphia Business Journal: Square Co-Founder Jim McKelvey’s LaunchCode Nonprofit is Opening a Philadelphia Office March 23, 2021 - LaunchCode, a nonprofit started by Square co-founder and billionaire Jim McKelvey, is taking its first major expansion to Philadelphia to help workers and companies bridge the gap in tech employment. The… Read More
- Technical.ly: Here’s How Out in Tech’s New Philadelphia Chapter is Connecting LGBTQ+ Technologists March 19, 2021 - As we get a push further into 2021, it’s important to look back and recognize that despite all the challenges of 2020, some organizations continue to advocate and build community… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Philadelphia Community partner.