- Philadelphia Business Journal: Comcast spending $26M to build business internet infrastructure in Greater Philadelphia September 21, 2021 - Comcast is spending $15.7 million this year to extend its business internet infrastructure to more areas of Greater Philadelphia and New Jersey. The investment is part of a two-year, $26… Read More
- Technically Philly: Penn gene editing spinout iECURE just raised a $50M Series A September 20, 2021 - The life sciences have made a strong showing in the Greater Philadelphia region this year, as local companies raked in a record $777 million in venture capital in the first half of… Read More
- Technically Philly: Why these teens built a no-code app to tackle climate change, locally September 19, 2021 - Ask a young person what needs fixing, and their answers will range from global to close to home. In Amehja Williams’ case, it was both: The 17-year-old North Philadelphia resident was concerned… Read More
- Technically Philly: Drexel’s new Center for Law and Transformational Technology will focus on legal issues in emerging tech September 18, 2021 - Drexel University’s Kline School of Law today announced its new Center for Law and Transformational Technology (CLTT), a group of researchers and resources focused on the legal issues emerging from the tech industry.… Read More
- Technically Philly: Philly life science firms raised more than $777M in the first half of 2021 alone September 17, 2021 - In the midst of what’s on track to be the Philadelphia’s regions best year for venture capital deals ever, life sciences are making a strong showing, too. According to a new report from CBRE, raised… Read More
- Technically Philly: Heed this cyber pro’s advice on incorporating data care into your daily life September 8, 2021 - Cybersecurity is a top national priority, even more prominently so after President Joe Biden called it a “core” challenge when meeting with tech and civic leaders on Wednesday. Biden also cited the growing need… Read More
- Government Technology: What’s New in Civic Tech: Philly’s Innovation Fund Grants September 7, 2021 - Philadelphia has announced the four winning projects for its spring 2021 Innovation Fund grant cycle. Unveiled this month by the city in a blog post, the funds touch on a wide… Read More
- Technically Philly: Power Moves: Women in Revenue’s new Philly board member calls its community ‘life giving’ in the pandemic September 6, 2021 - National organization Women in Revenue, built to connect women in sales marketing and customer success, has welcomed five new board members this month. That includes Philly marketing pro Deanna Ransom. The org has… Read More
- Technically Philly: Like Uber but for taxis: Curb is bringing transparent pricing to its Philly users September 5, 2021 - Taxi hailing app Curb, which allows users to call for a ride through its mobile app, is introducing its transparent pricing feature in Philadelphia. The app was founded in New York… Read More
- Technically Philly: Why Arcweb volunteered to build a UX guide for digital health app developers September 4, 2021 - The tech world is familiar with the 20% Time concept popularized by Google: Simply, employees can dedicate 20% of their working hours to a personal or passion project. Some local companies, like… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Philadelphia Community partner.