- Generocity: During COVID-19, Underserved Communities In Philly Rely On Tech To Connect September 25, 2020 - Latinx community organizations are adapting to the pandemic by using technology to directly connect to community members. In the process, they have found ways to still serve community members in… Read More
- The Philadelphia Inquirer: Headhunters And Job Seekers Will Meet Up — Virtually, Of Course — At Philly Tech Week September 24, 2020 - Chris Wink embraces inefficiency. He’s trying to add as much as possible to this year’s Philly Tech Week. “Virtual tools and software are built to be efficient, and they’re remarkable,”… Read More
- The Philadelphia Tribune: Program Helps Get Student Households Connected September 23, 2020 - PHLConnectED will connect up to 35,000 K–12 student households with internet service and laptops. The program, which focuses on School District of Philadelphia and charter school students, will also provide… Read More
- Philly Voice: ‘Landmark’ Esports Venue To Open Inside Historic Philly Warehouse September 22, 2020 - A 40,000 square-foot esports campus featuring a public training facility and practice centers for professional teams and schools is coming to Philadelphia. The venue, called The Block, will be the… Read More
- Technical.ly: Skills Training Means Access To Tech Careers. Amid COVID-19, How Are Workforce Dev Programs Adapting? September 18, 2020 - When he was 8 years old, Myles Young enjoyed taking apart his mother’s computer. Over time he’s continued to experiment and learn more about what makes them work. When applying to join… Read More
- The Philadelphia Inquirer: Comcast’s Start-Up Accelerator Will Focus On The Future Of Work September 17, 2020 - Comcast Corp. was already mulling the future of work before the coronavirus drove millions of people to work from home. When accepting applications in January for this year’s LIFT Labs Accelerator… Read More
- WLVT: Philly Tech Week, B.PHL Innovation Fest Go Virtual This Month: Here’s How To Access Free Workshops September 16, 2020 - Movers-and-shakers from Greater Philadelphia's tech sector are meeting this month — and they’re offering free workshops and networking opportunities to the public. The organizers of both Philly Tech Week and B.PHL Innovation Fest told PBS39 the… Read More
- The Philadelphia Tribune: Philly Schools Chief Says Tech Is Working Well September 15, 2020 - School District of Philadelphia Superintendent William Hite says despite some technical issues, the school year is off to a strong start. “It’s going as well as one could expect, given… Read More
- Technical.ly: More Grace, Less Grief: How 2 Philly Pros Are Managing Productivity While Working From Home September 15, 2020 - With COVID-19 changing work across industries, companies of all sizes have adapted in different ways to keep business moving as fluidly as possible. One way has been by allowing employees to work from… Read More
- Technical.ly: Fall Programs For Entrepreneurs Are Changing Up Their Formats In Response To COVID-19 September 11, 2020 - Military veteran Alex Archawski’s experience in the U.S. Navy gave him the skills necessary to help Veteran Shark Tank adapt in the face of a pandemic. “In the military, we learned how to pivot and… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Philadelphia Community partner.