- Silicon Bayou News: IDEAINSTITUTE PROGRAM CULMINATES TONIGHT WITH $1,000 CASH PRIZE June 23, 2021 - IDEAinstitute is a pre-accelerator program run by The Idea Village that introduces startups and potential startup founders to the tools they need to take their startup from an idea to a… Read More
- KALB: Bridging the Great Health Divide: Grant expands access to healthcare in schools, nursing homes & clinics June 22, 2021 - As telehealth continues to grow, so does access to care, especially in rural Louisiana parishes with the help of new technology. Read the full article on KALB. Read More
- Urgent Communications: New Orleans-area 911 center inks multiyear APEX deal with Carbyne to replace call-handling system June 17, 2021 - Orleans Parish Communications District (OPCD), one of the largest 911 centers in the U.S., will replace its existing call-handling system with APEX, the cloud-native call-management platform from Carbyne to integrate… Read More
- Silicon Bayou News: INCLUSIVE INNOVATION CONFERENCE BLACK TECH NOLA IS BACK THIS MONTH June 17, 2021 - New Orleans is home to a multi-day inclusive innovation conference where tech, art, and culture collide. Black Tech NOLA will be virtual again this summer with a lineup that includes tons of events… Read More
- Eminetra: N.O. Tech Startup Is Connecting Online Shoppers With Local Inventory – New Orleans, Louisiana June 17, 2021 - New Orleans-based technology company Locally helps online shoppers find local inventory. Founded in 2014 by Mike Massey, Blake Haney (founder of Dirty Coast), and startup Ben Hirsch. We have no employees… Read More
- Silicon Bayou News: HURRICANE KATRINA DROVE RANDALL NACHMAN TO REVOLUTIONIZE DIGITAL DOCUMENTS June 17, 2021 - Randall Nachman is a serial entrepreneur who can turn tragedy into opportunity. In the early 2000s, he developed loan software to automate processes and signatures, long before electronic signatures were common.… Read More
- Fior Reports: Saints Install Perch’s 3D Camera Technology to Enhance Training – Sports Illustrated June 11, 2021 - Perch co-founder Jacob Rothman recently met with the New Orleans Saints and Head strength and conditioning trainer Dan Dalrymple to install their 3D camera technology in the team’s training facility… Read More
- Acadiana Advocate: Waitr to Change Its Name, but Company still Trying to Figure out What It Could Be June 10, 2021 - Waitr will change its name and visual identity as part of a comprehensive rebrand, company officials announced Thursday morning. View full article in Acadiana Advocate. Read More
- New Orleans City Business: 9 Louisiana Startups Raise Over $9.5M in Growth Capital June 9, 2021 - Nine startups in The Idea Village’s 2021 VILLAGEx accelerator program have raised over $9.5 million in growth capital, according to the New Orleans-based nonprofit entrepreneurial hub. View full article in… Read More
- AMA: Q&A: How Ochsner Health Gives Moms a Digital Connection to Care June 8, 2021 - It isn't every day that a health system's program becomes the foundation for federal legislation, but that is what happened with Ochsner's Connected MOM (Maternity Online Monitoring) initiative, which uses digital health… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a New Orleans Community partner.