- TechCrunch: Self-Driving Startup Argo AI Hits $7.5 Billion Valuation August 6, 2020 - Autonomous vehicle technology startup Argo AI is valued at $7.5 billion, just a little more than three years after the company burst on the scene with a $1 billion investment from Ford.… Read More
- Texarkana Gazette: High-Tech Travel Tools: ‘Smart’ Health Cards, Temperature-Reading Glasses August 5, 2020 - Three weeks into Israel's lockdown to help prevent the spread of coronavirus, Rafi Kaminer decided to get creative with his cabin fever. The chief executive of Pangea Group, an Israeli… Read More
- Miami Today: Telecommuting Probe Could Support Work-At-Home August 4, 2020 - Miami-Dade residents who have enjoyed working from home during the coronavirus pandemic may have government-backed research to support their wishes to continue to do so. The county’s transportation planning board… Read More
- World Economic Forum: The Pandemic Is Making Autonomous Delivery The New Normal August 3, 2020 - Cough medicine, snacks, baking ingredients: Kelly Passek has shopping delivered weekly to her yard in Christiansburg, Virginia - by a drone. The flying vehicle comes with little fuss, hovering briefly… Read More
- South Florida Business Journal: New York Tech Entrepreneurs Are Moving To South Florida. But Will They Stay? July 31, 2020 - South Florida has attracted technology entrepreneurs and investors from New York City seeking a lower cost of living and warmer weather for their families while in quarantine. With the pandemic… Read More
- South Florida Business Journal: Miami Startup SmartHop Raises $4.5M To Scale Tech For Small Trucking Companies July 30, 2020 - An artificial intelligence-powered platform for small trucking companies has raised $4.5 million in seed capital. Miami-based SmartHop announced the close of the early funding round, led by New York-based Equal… Read More
- South Florida Business Journals: How Miami Startup SmartBarrel Expanded Its Sales Pipeline During The Pandemic July 29, 2020 - SmartBarrel CEO Albert Bou Fadel caught one of the last flights back to South Florida from California as the country shut down in late March. The startup's Miami-based team immediately… Read More
- BusinessWire: AI-Powered Freight Dispatcher SmartHop Raises $4.5 Million In Seed Funding July 28, 2020 - SmartHop, a Florida-based tech-enabled dispatch solution empowering small trucking companies to grow their businesses, today announced that it has closed a $4.5 Million Seed round led by Equal Ventures, a seed… Read More
- Fierce Healthcare: NowRx, Medly Pharmacy Land New Funding As Demand For Digital Pharmacies Grows July 24, 2020 - Digital pharmacy startups taking on industry giants CVS and Walgreens are securing sizable sums of money from investors. New York City-based Medly Pharmacy scored a $100 million series B funding… Read More
- Bis Now: Outdoor Meeting Spaces And Better Tech: Design Changes Post-Pandemic July 23, 2020 - Steve Jobs was famous for conducting meetings while strolling around Palo Alto. Jeff Bezos would walk in Central Park to discuss his idea for an online store. Fresh air, pumping… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Greater Miami Community partner.