- Miami Herald: They’re Bringing Computer Science To The Classroom — Opening Doors In Lucrative Field October 29, 2020 - Close your eyes and think about a tech entrepreneur. Most people would picture Mark Zuckerberg, and that’s a problem, particularly for girls and black and brown boys who can’t imagine… Read More
- News @ The U: Zoom CEO And Founder: My Employees’ Happiness Is My Number One Job October 28, 2020 - During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture… Read More
- South Florida Business Journal: Tech Trends And How The Hospitality Industry Is Changing For Good: An Executive Panel October 27, 2020 - The pandemic challenged the hospitality industry like no event before. All elements of business and leisure travel, from lodging and ground travel, to food and beverage were immediately shuttered. Though… Read More
- Fortune: What Business Can Learn From The NBA Bubble October 22, 2020 - It had already been a tough year for the NBA. It started last fall when the general manager of the Houston Rockets sent out a tweet that was sympathetic to the protestors… Read More
- LAW: Tech Law Firm To Open In Miami, Grows New Sports Practice October 20, 2020 - Dallas technology law firm Munck Wilson Mandala is pursuing plans to open a Miami office while expanding its sports law lineup with an eye on the South Florida market. Munck Wilson plans to open an… Read More
- Miami Herald: West Miami Middle School Gets Free Devices And Internet From Verizon October 8, 2020 - Students and teachers at West Miami Middle School recently picked up free technology devices through the Verizon Innovative Learning program. In partnership with Digital Promise, the program provides free technology… Read More
- Tampa Bay Business Journal: These Are The High-Tech Transit Companies Pitching Their Systems For Tampa Bay October 7, 2020 - The Tampa Bay Area Regional Transit Authority is evaluating the latest transit tech that could be viable for Tampa Bay. The agency, which was awarded $1 million to study emerging transit tech,… Read More
- Miami Herald: Amazon Sees Broad Audience For Its Palm Recognition Tech October 6, 2020 - Amazon has introduced new palm recognition technology in a pair of Seattle stores and sees a broader potential audience in stadiums, offices and other gated or secured locations. Customers at… Read More
- Catalyst: Area’s Biggest Cyber Companies Back Tampa Bay Wave’s New Accelerator October 1, 2020 - Tampa Bay Wave wants to make the Tampa-St. Petersburg area a hub for cybersecurity talent and innovation. That’s why Wave is planning a new accelerator program next year that will… Read More
- South Florida Business Journal: LATAM-Focused Fintech Marco Financial Raises $26M September 30, 2020 - Marco Financial, a Miami-based tech-enabled financing platform built to support small business exporters in Latin America, has closed on $26 million in funding. The funding includes an equity round led… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Greater Miami Community partner.