- Global Banking & Finance Review: AltaSea & Flying Lion Launch Scientific and Educational Partnership to Develop an “Unmanned Aircraft System Center of Excellence” January 26, 2021 - AltaSea at the Port of Los Angeles and Flying Lion, Inc. (FLI) have announced a multi-faceted partnership to develop a world-class Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Center of Excellence, which will… Read More
- Verizon: Accelerating America: Affordability, Adoption, Access January 25, 2021 - Today, Verizon urges a new government approach to help bridge the digital divide. The pandemic has made clear that broadband is critical to daily life and that a lack of… Read More
- Forbes: Food Tech Startup Raises $8.2 Million For Gut Health Products — And Honors A Sister’s Legacy January 22, 2021 - Muniq, a Black-owned, food-as-medicine brand, has raised $8.2 million in a Series A round to expand sales of its nutritional shakes that help lower blood sugar by improving gut health.… Read More
- LAist: Broadband Relief Coming For Some College Students Under Federal Relief Plans January 21, 2021 - The digital divide that has widened during the pandemic has been more than a stumbling block for many college students trying to adjust to online learning — it's been a… Read More
- MedCity News: How UCLA Health Incorporated Telehealth Into Its Triage Protocol January 20, 2021 - It is a well-documented fact that telehealth use exploded across the country in 2020, spurred by the Covid-19 pandemic. But several hurdles quickly emerged, including the question of how best to triage… Read More
- NBC Los Angeles: How Black Users Are Saving Clubhouse From Becoming A Drab Hangout for Tech Bros January 15, 2021 - Clubhouse, a social media app introduced in March,allows users to gather in virtual rooms where they can communicate with one another through the mics on their iPhones. Because the app… Read More
- Los Angeles Times: Here’s Where Skilled Freelancers Can Find Jobs January 14, 2021 - Jobs for skilled freelancers are booming. And it doesn’t matter whether your skill is in marketing, tech, law, logistics or accounting. Companies are turning to gig platforms to find skilled… Read More
- LA Business Journal: Fifth Wall Said To Be Planning Prop-Tech SPAC January 13, 2021 - Another company in Los Angeles' technology sector appears to be looking to raise money via a special purpose acquisition company. Fifth Wall, a venture capital firm that focuses on prop-tech… Read More
- Los Angeles Sentinel: Microsoft Launches Nonprofit Tech Acceleration Program For Black Communities January 7, 2021 - Microsoft is not new to the conversation when it comes to discussing solutions to systemic racism and serving under-represented communities. In the past, the company has partnered with organizations across… Read More
- Business Insider: Los Angeles Vaccine Patients Will Be Given Proof They’ve Been Vaccinated That They Can Add To Their Apple Wallets January 5, 2021 - People who get a COVID-19 vaccine in Los Angeles County will soon get digital reminders they can put in their Apple Wallets, Bloomberg reported on Tuesday. The idea is that the digital token, provided… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Greater Los Angeles Community partner.