- Fierce Healthcare: Children’s Hospital Los Angeles Launches Accelerator For Pediatric Digital Health October 1, 2020 - While digital health for adults is a booming business, innovation in the pediatric market has lagged. Children's Hospital Los Angeles wants to change this. The hospital is leading a digital health accelerator… Read More
- Los Angeles Times: Rise Of The Ghost Kitchens: How Virtual Restaurants Are Reshaping L.A.’s Dining Economy September 30, 2020 - It’s 11 p.m. on a weeknight and you’re hungry. Already in your pajamas, you unlock your smartphone and open a delivery app to scroll through a virtual buffet of options.… Read More
- DC Velocity: Logistics Tech Firms Help Speed Up Covid Testing September 29, 2020 - A California company says it has developed a pain-free, rapid-response Covid-19 testing kit that avoids the health risks and reporting delays that come with current testing procedures, and it’s relying… Read More
- Hotel Business: Kallpod Launches Mobile Ordering And Payment Solution September 25, 2020 - Hospitality tech provider Kallpod has launched Kontactless, a solution that allows guests to place orders for food, beverages and merchandise. Using QR code technology, Kontactless is available at select Hyatt,… Read More
- Governing: Public Innovation Academy Offers Practical Training For Gov September 24, 2020 - A veteran of gov tech work is launching an online training program called the Public Innovation Academy, which aims to go beyond the scope of programs that most often target C-level… Read More
- Fast Company: This Whale-Detection Tech Helps Cargo Ships Avoid Deadly Crashes September 23, 2020 - For a blue whale or a humpback, being in the wrong place when a massive cargo ship moves through the ocean can mean death. Along the West Coast, alone, scientists… Read More
- The Orange County Register: Contact-Free Parking Makes Its Way To LA; No App Needed September 22, 2020 - In a world where masks and social distancing have become the norm, people are still looking for ways to avoid direct contact with others as COVID-19 drags on. Spaces USA developed… Read More
- Los Angeles Patch: Inspiring Women In STEAM Empowering The Next Generation September 18, 2020 - American women start an average of 1,817 new businesses per day, according to the annual State of Women-Owned Businesses Report. That’s per day, not per year. Women have far too often… Read More
- Daily Bruin: LA Metro Aims To Promote Accessibility, Safety With New Digital TAP Cards September 17, 2020 - Los Angeles Metro riders can now download a virtual fare card onto Apple devices. LA Mayor and Metro Board Chair Eric Garcetti and Metro Chief of Staff Nadine Lee announced… Read More
- Los Angeles Times: L.A. Has A New COVID-19 Contact Tracing App From A Controversial Source September 16, 2020 - Since the COVID-19 pandemic first came to Los Angeles in the spring, the county Department of Public Health has hired nearly 2,600 people to do the manual work of contact… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Greater Los Angeles Community partner.