- L.A. Biz: L.A. startups taking different paths to going public — plus other L.A. tech news June 17, 2021 - The past week has demonstrated the myriad ways the Los Angeles tech companies are leaving their startup status behind to become publicly traded. Read the full article on L.A. Biz. Read More
- Los Angeles Times: Telemedicine took off in the pandemic. California is now debating costs if it endures June 17, 2021 - It took COVID-19 to give millions of Americans the option of telling their doctor about their aches and pains by phone. Read the full article on Los Angeles Times. Read More
- Built in LA: Mythical Games Raises $75M Ahead of Marketplace and Game Launch June 17, 2021 - When the latest video game was released, people used to rush to a retail store in hopes of buying a copy, and play that game to their heart’s content or until… Read More
- Built in LA: Briq Raises $30M to Expand Its Fintech Platform for Construction Contractors June 17, 2021 - Home renovation costs can add up quite quickly for a number of reasons. Sometimes a new issue arises during construction that homeowners can’t afford to overlook and sometimes contractors will simply… Read More
- Built in LA: Fintech Unicorn Dave Plans to Go Public via SPAC, Value Reaches $4B June 17, 2021 - Dave, a banking app backed by Mark Cuban, announced Monday that it plans to go public via VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings. VPC is a special purpose acquisition company sponsored by… Read More
- L.A. Biz: TSM lands largest naming-rights partnership in esports history — plus other L.A. tech news June 15, 2021 - Plus funding for blockchain, artificial intelligence and biotechnology companies in this week’s L.A. tech news. Read the full article on L.A. Biz. Read More
- Built in LA: Tencent Is Opening a New Playa Vista Office, Plans to Make 150 Hires June 14, 2021 - A new tech giant just landed in Silicon Beach. Video game publisher Tencent America told the Los Angeles Times this week that it will soon open a new, 53,000-square-foot office in Playa Vista to… Read More
- dot.LA: The Founders of Color Changing LA’s Startup World June 13, 2021 - Even after the tech industry's reckoning after the killing of George Floyd last year, the startup world is still overwhelmingly dominated by white men. Full article is available on dot.LA. Read More
- Patch: Broadband For All Can Revive Post-Pandemic Economy June 12, 2021 - The state must increase grant funding to help communities invest in much-needed broadband technology. Full article is available on Patch. Read More
- Built in LA: HOW TINDER IS CELEBRATING PRIDE MONTH June 10, 2021 - With the arrival of Pride Month, companies are amplifying support for the LGBTQIA+ community in a variety of ways. At Tinder, the company is leaning on the voices that matter most:… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Greater Los Angeles Community partner.