- L.A. Biz: Amazon Kuiper letter to FCC claims SpaceX flouts regulatory requirements September 22, 2021 - SpaceX’s Starlink division and Amazon’s Kuiper have submitted competing bids for low Earth orbit satellites that aim to provide internet service. Read the full article on L.A. Biz. Read More
- Built in LA: Mobile Gaming Giant Jam City Raises $350M, Acquires Ludia for $165M September 21, 2021 - Jam City, an LA-based mobile gaming company, announced Wednesday that it raised $350 million in equity and debt financing from Netmarble. The company also announced its plans to acquire another… Read More
- Built in LA: How 2 Local Companies Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month September 20, 2021 - Sept. 15 marks the beginning of Hispanic Heritage Month in the U.S., which honors the unique culture and history of people who hail from Spanish-speaking countries. At Welcome Tech, this month-long celebration… Read More
- L.A. Biz: Sherman Oaks Whole Foods to use Amazon Just Walk Out technology September 19, 2021 - Starting next year, shoppers at the Whole Foods Market in Sherman Oaks will be able to use Amazon.com Inc. technology that lets them walk right out of the store and… Read More
- Built in LA: Built In LA’s Featured Companies of the Month September 18, 2021 - We may be heading into the final quarter of the calendar year, but there’s still plenty of time for local companies to make an impact on their respective fields in… Read More
- Built in LA: Aglet Hired New Execs, Vanilla Secured $11.6M, and More LA Tech News September 17, 2021 - Despite some smaller waves on the LA tech front last week, a handful of companies pulled through with brand new developments. Catch up on the latest from these West Coast… Read More
- dot.LA: Morgan DeBaun, AfroTech and How Black Tech Innovators Can Take Advantage of the Moment September 8, 2021 - Seven years ago, Morgan DeBaun left her job in Silicon Valley to help create Blavity, a news and events company geared toward Black millennials. The name comes from the concept… Read More
- dot.LA: LA Venture: How WorkLife Ventures Founder Brianne Kimmel Became a Top Angel Investor September 7, 2021 - How do angel investors get in front of companies prior to investing? Brianne Kimmel, founder of WorkLife Ventures, might know a way or two. On this episode of the LA… Read More
- Built in LA: HOW A SUCCESSFUL PRODUCT LAUNCH LED THIS TEAM TO A HIGHER HEADCOUNT September 6, 2021 - t’s no surprise that companies with successful products grow their customer base, increase their revenues and outperform competitors. When Under Armour founder Kevin Plank initially started the company in 1996 by selling… Read More
- Built in LA: Headspace and Ginger Announce Merger, Will Rebrand As Headspace Health September 5, 2021 - Mental healthcare continues to be a top priority for businesses interested in keeping their employees long-term. As the pandemic rages on, the “Great Resignation” continues. People across the U.S. are… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Greater Los Angeles Community partner.