- Jacksonville Daily Record: Ideas, Technology and a “Fire in the Gut” Fuel Young Entrepreneurs March 4, 2021 - Younger entrepreneurs have a lot in common, the experts say. They don’t fear technology. They have fewer obligations, so they can take risks. And, like all entrepreneurs, they are driven… Read More
- Orlando Business Journal: Tech Salaries in Orlando Among the Fastest Growing in the Nation, Report Says March 3, 2021 - Salaries for tech workers in Orlando grew in 2020, despite the hardships presented by the Covid-19 pandemic, according to a new report from Dice.com, a website for tech job seekers. Tech… Read More
- FIU News: Knight Foundation, FIU to Accelerate Growth of Miami’s Tech Ecosystem, Name School of Computing and Information Sciences March 2, 2021 - Building on South Florida’s momentum around technology and entrepreneurship, the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation has made a $10 million gift to FIU’s School of Computing and Information… Read More
- TechCrunch: 8 Miami-Based Investors Share Their Views on the Region’s Startup Scene March 1, 2021 - Miami is quickly becoming a symbol for the tech exodus from Silicon Valley. The area is home to a number of investors, successful tech founders and an eager local government.… Read More
- Orlando Business Journal: Investors Leaving California Create Opportunity for Orlando Tech Sector March 1, 2021 - California venture capitalists are flocking to cheaper Sunbelt cities, and many want Orlando to get in on the action. The Bay Area is hemorrhaging residents, losing 45,000 people in 2020… Read More
- TechCrunch: Miami Edtech Startup Nearpod Acquired by Renaissance February 26, 2021 - Nearpod, the Miami-based edtech company, is being acquired by Renaissance Holding Corp., a group that develops education technology. While the deal hasn’t closed yet, Todd Brekhus, Chief Product Officer at… Read More
- Tampa Bay Times: Smart Machines: AI Technology’s Impact on Florida’s Business Sectors February 25, 2021 - AI can’t replace humans, but the technology is making inroads in more and more business sectors. In an oft-quoted interview with Life magazine in 1970, Marvin Minsky, an MIT researcher… Read More
- South Florida Business Journal: Endeavor Miami Launches Accelerated Growth Program for Black-Led Startups February 24, 2021 - Endeavor Miami will launch a new cohort dedicated to accelerating the growth of startups led by Black entrepreneurs through a partnership with Miami-based Simkins Family Foundation. The program, called EndeavorLAB,… Read More
- Bisnow: Miami Billionaire Launching Downtown Innovation Hub February 23, 2021 - Miami billionaire Moishe Mana has broken ground on a downtown building that he intends to make the center of a burgeoning tech and startup community. The 13-story Nikola Tesla Innovation Center will… Read More
- State of Reform: Florida Telehealth Expansion Bill Passes Senate Committee February 23, 2021 - A Florida bill that would allow for telehealth providers to prescribe certain controlled substances and allow out-of-state telehealth providers to work with in-state physicians was discussed by the Senate Health… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Florida Community partner.