- Detroit Metro Times: Inspired by Dating Apps, Made-in-Detroit Kinfolk Would Pair Creative Freelancers with Jobs April 7, 2021 - This year, a new mobile app called Kinfolk is set to drop, allowing for creative freelancers to publish their portfolios and make career connections. View full article in Detroit Metro Times. Read More
- Click on Detroit: Ann Arbor Startup Helps Jet’s Pizza Launch Text-to-Order Technology April 5, 2021 - Jet’s Pizza is hoping to disrupt the industry with its new text-to-order technology. The pizza company has partnered with Ann Arbor-based startup Ordr AI to make text orders for customers a reality.… Read More
- Car Buzz: VW Comes To Detroit To Develop Its Artificial Intelligence April 1, 2021 - We're only starting to get to grips with the benefits of artificial intelligence in modern vehicles now. Recently, Hyundai announced new AI-based voice recognition technology for the 2021 Elantra that can learn the driver's… Read More
- Click on Detroit: Michigan House Passes Bill to Improve Rural Internet Access March 31, 2021 - The Michigan House on Thursday approved a bill to encourage internet companies to provide broadband access to underserved areas after the coronavirus pandemic shone a light on that need. The… Read More
- The Detroit Bureau: Q&A: Unite Digital Chief Strategy Officer Dave Zuchowski March 30, 2021 - Since the very earliest days of the auto industry, motorists have shopped for cars much the same way as they do today. Or, at least, how they did until the… Read More
- MI Tech News: CitySide Ventures Vets 21 Tech Startups in First Deal Tank Pitch Competition March 26, 2021 - CitySide Ventures announce that its inaugural “Deal Tank” event of 2021 was a great success. A well-attended event with early-stage investors from around the country. An impressive lineup of 21… Read More
- Lansing State Journal: Encouraging and Supporting Women in STEAM March 25, 2021 - It’s a well-known fact that careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics provide stable careers for those who follow that path. Before the pandemic, STEM jobs were projected to increase 1.7 times… Read More
- The Detroit News: Michigan Science Center Designated a Smithsonian Affiliate March 24, 2021 - One of Detroit's institutions, the Michigan Science Center announced Thursday that it has joined a national network of affiliates to share the resources of the Smithsonian Institution. View full article… Read More
- WXYZ 7: Ford Switching Over to Hybrid Work Model for Employees Indefinitely March 23, 2021 - It’s a question occupying the minds of millions of employees who have worked from home the past year: Will they still be allowed to work remotely — at least some… Read More
- M Live: Ann Arbor Tech Startup Has Plans for 3D Digital Museum, Cafe March 18, 2021 - An emerging tech startup in Ann Arbor is helping people create their own customized 3D spaces in the virtual world, making digital rooms where they can store and curate photos,… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Detroit Community partner.