- The Detroit Bureau: EVgo Going SPAC, Raising $575 Million with Merger January 26, 2021 - Blank-check company merger mania is spreading from electric vehicle makers to electric vehicle charging companies as EVgo becomes the latest EV-related enterprise to begin the process. EVgo, which was founded… Read More
- Verizon: Accelerating America: Affordability, Adoption, Access January 25, 2021 - Today, Verizon urges a new government approach to help bridge the digital divide. The pandemic has made clear that broadband is critical to daily life and that a lack of… Read More
- Click on Detroit: Tech Time: Creating Sensors to Decontaminate Masks January 25, 2021 - Sunday’s episode of Tech Time is about plans to use sensors to decontaminate masks. View full article and video in Click on Detroit. Read More
- Forbes: Rapper Rick Ross Invests $1 Million In Telehealth Startup Jetdoc January 22, 2021 - For years, rapper Rick Ross has built his fame on lyrics that glorified the “hustle, hustle, hustle hard” lifestyle. In addition to countless hits and founding his own label, Maybach… Read More
- The Detroit News: Self-Driving Vehicles Allowed To Skip Some Crash Safety Standards Under New Rule January 21, 2021 - The Trump Administration issued final rules Thursday that will allow self-driving vehicle manufacturers to skip certain federal crash safety requirements in vehicles that aren't designed to carry people. It marks the first… Read More
- Government Technology: Apple To Open Developer Training Academy In Detroit January 20, 2021 - Technology giant Apple Inc. will open a school to train developers in Detroit later this year, its first "Apple Developer Academy" in the U.S. The move is part of Apple's… Read More
- PYMNTS.com: Mobileye Expands Self-Driving Vehicle Tests To Detroit, Tokyo, Paris, Shanghai January 20, 2021 - Intel subsidiary Mobileye is working on updates for its autonomous vehicle program, planning to launch test fleets in Detroit, Tokyo, Paris and Shanghai, TechCrunch reported. Mobileye President and CEO Amnon Shashua said he's also looking at testing… Read More
- Click on Detroit: Tech Time: Suggestions From Cybersecurity Experts On Keeping Yourself Safe In 2021 January 13, 2021 - In Sunday’s episode of Tech Time cybersecurity experts offer advice on how to keep yourself safe in the digital world as 2021 begins. View full article and video in Click… Read More
- Click on Detroit: U-M Receives Nearly $20M To Equip Ann Arbor With ‘Smart Intersections’ January 12, 2021 - A University of Michigan effort focused on the safety of automated and connected vehicles will be bringing more than 20 “smart intersections” to the city of Ann Arbor. These intersections… Read More
- The Story Exchange: She’s Created Her Very Own STEM E-Learning Software – Because She Wants Everyone To Be Fluent In Tech January 11, 2021 - Sharen Eddings is a Detroit, Michigan-based self taught coder who understands what an important skill coding is. At first she began teaching kids how to code, volunteering at her son’s school… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Detroit Community partner.