- MiBiz: Service Express acquires U.K. data center services firm, bolstering international business September 18, 2021 - Third-party data center maintenance service provider Service Express LLC has bolstered its international presence with the acquisition of a U.K.-based firm. With The ICC Group, private equity-backed Service Express has acquired a… Read More
- University of Michigan: U-M awarded grant to support Detroit entrepreneurs in bridging digital divide September 17, 2021 - An interdisciplinary team from the University of Michigan was awarded $300,000 from the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation to train local residents and U-M students to provide one-on-one technology support to… Read More
- MiBiz: Amazon to build Lansing-area fulfillment center, create 500 new jobs as part of latest Michigan expansion September 16, 2021 - Amazon.com Inc. announced today that it will start building its first fulfillment center in the mid-Michigan region, a move that’s expected to bring 500 new full-time jobs to the area. The… Read More
- Yahoo News: Survey is a step toward countywide internet access September 12, 2021 - There are still parts of Ottawa County that do not have access to broadband internet, county officials say. In an attempt to remedy that, the county is conducting an internet… Read More
- Moody on the Market: LMC GETS $29,000 GRANT FOR FAB LAB AT TECH CENTER September 11, 2021 - Lake Michigan College has received a grant of nearly $29,000 for its Fab Lab, the makers space in the Hanson Technology Center. Lake Michigan College has released the following: Lake… Read More
- MLive: $24.7M in federal stimulus funds could help Washtenaw County with broadband, child care, more September 10, 2021 - Washtenaw County is one step closer to allocating the first $24.7 million of its federal American Rescue Plan dollars toward projects and initiatives for broadband infrastructure and internet access, child… Read More
- Broadband Communities: Michigan’s Eaton County Broadband Communication Council Addresses Access Issues September 9, 2021 - The Eaton County Broadband Communication Council just launched a new effort to expand and improve high-speed internet access across Eaton County. A kickoff summit was held today in the Board… Read More
- State Scoop: Detroit partnership to study digital divide September 8, 2021 - A data science research unit within the University of Michigan is working with the City of Detroit to study where and why residents lack access to broadband or devices. The… Read More
- Bolly Inside: Alliance Launches Detroit Resource Center for Black-Owned Businesses September 7, 2021 - A grand opening event is set for 6 p.m. Monday. The center at 1234 Washington Blvd. will provide free internet and co-working space for its members, officials said. Services are… Read More
- Click on Detroit: Annual event celebrating Ann Arbor’s spirit of innovation in STEAM is October 1–8 September 6, 2021 - Ann Arbor SPARK’s a2Tech360 will be held October 1 through 8 online and in various in-person locations throughout the city. a2Tech260 is a week of events celebrating Ann Arbor’s spirit of… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Detroit Community partner.