- Forbes: The Detroit Fashion + Tech Hackathon Looks To Bring New Advanced Automation Solutions To Michigan’s Fashion Industry September 29, 2020 - As the world emerges from the darkest days of the pandemic, there’s a lot of discussion about the need to reshore manufacturing and create more resilient, less far-flung supply chains… Read More
- Patch: Detroit Doctor Recognized For Mask Sanitization Innovation September 25, 2020 - Dr. Iltefat H. Hamzavi, a dermatologist at Henry Ford Health System in Detroit, has been given the Patient Care Hero award from the American Academy of Dermatology for his innovative… Read More
- The Detroit News: Opinion: Why My Growth-Focused Business Is Moving To Detroit September 24, 2020 - Detroit is Michigan’s gateway to the world. The state’s commercial and cultural hub is one of the country’s top metro areas. For Michigan businesses looking to make an impact outside… Read More
- Crain’s Detroit Business: Detroit Fashion And Tech ‘Hackathon’ Returns With Virtual Format September 23, 2020 - A group of coders, designers, artists, entrepreneurs and more will gather virtually later this month for the third annual Detroit Fashion + Tech Hackathon. The event, scheduled for Sept. 25-27,… Read More
- Detroit Free Press: Amazon Looks To Fill 2,000 Open Positions In Metro Detroit September 22, 2020 - E-commerce giant Amazon said Monday it has 2,000 jobs available in metro Detroit as it expands to keep up with an increase in online shopping during the pandemic. The open positions start… Read More
- TechCrunch: Carbon Health And Color Founders See Power In Bringing HealthCare To The Edge September 22, 2020 - When COVID-19 spread to the United States, the pandemic exposed two conflicting realities: a healthcare system that excels at high-cost, complex treatments while failing to provide sufficient access at the local… Read More
- WXYZ: Amazon Hiring 100K People, Offering $1K Bonuses To New Workers In Detroit September 16, 2020 - Amazon said Monday that it will be hiring another 100,000 people to keep up with a surge of online orders. The company said the new hires will help pack, ship… Read More
- Fox 2 Detroit: Detroit Area Pre-College Engineering Program Kicks Off For 44Th Year September 15, 2020 - The pandemic didn't stop the educational non profit DAPCEP from preparing students for careers in science, technology, engineering and math, they just took a different approach. View full article and… Read More
- Governing: Detroit To Implement Gunshot Detection Tech to Curb Violence September 14, 2020 - Dott Wilson is used to seeing dead bodies lying in his neighborhood streets. The 64-year-old Detroiter said he doesn't venture out at night and brought up his nine children, telling… Read More
- MSU Today: MSU’s Science Gallery Detroit Hosts Free Innovative Design Exhibition September 11, 2020 - Michigan State University’s Science Gallery Detroit is pleased to announce its third annual exhibition, FUTURE PRESENT: Design in a Time of Urgency, which will open on Sept. 11 during Detroit… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Detroit Community partner.