- Technical.ly DC: Class Technologies is eyeing unicorn status with a $105M, SoftBank-backed Series B August 6, 2021 - After gaining support from the likes of football star Tom Brady, Class Technologies now has the SoftBank seal of approval. Read the full article on Technical.ly DC. Read More
- Washington Business Journal: This Arlington startup just became the newest local unicorn with a fresh $100M August 5, 2021 - Arlington risk management startup Interos Inc. just became Greater Washington’s latest unicorn with a whopping $100 million in fresh funding. Read the full article on Washington Business Journal. Read More
- Technical.ly DC: Meet Avatar Dimension, Microsoft’s Ashburn-based mixed reality studio August 3, 2021 - The D.C. 3D and mixed reality community recently received a big boost with the selection of Ashburn, Virginia-based Avatar Dimension as Microsoft’s designated mixed reality capture studio on the East Coast. Read the… Read More
- Technical.ly DC: With an $800M Dragoneer merger, Cvent is going public (again) August 2, 2021 - In a merger with special purpose acquisition company Dragoneer Growth Opportunities Corp. II, Tysons Corner event management org Cvent will be going public — again. Read the full article on Technical.ly DC. Read More
- Richmond Inno: Rocket Factory founder creates immersive client programming following the success of SparkJam 2020 August 2, 2021 - When Todd Feldman created SparkJam 2020, he did so with the hope of igniting positive outcomes for businesses struggling during the pandemic. Read the full article on Richmond Inno. Read More
- Technical.ly DC: FCC tech funding changes can create equity for the deaf and hard-of-hearing community, CEO says August 1, 2021 - In a world where billionaires are taking trips to space, it’s important to remember that even though we can create tech solutions for many issues, it doesn’t mean we have. Read… Read More
- Technical.ly DC: Money Moves: EVERFI’s higher ed business was acquired by Vector Solutions for $100M July 30, 2021 - As we reported last week, DC had a huge second quarter for VC funding, with $1.27 billion raised overall across 72 deals. This quarter, investors are staying on trend and dropping… Read More
- Richmond Inno: Richmond startup OccasionGenius wants to propel the live events industry forward through platform innovations July 29, 2021 - Richmond event tech startup OccasionGenius founder Nate Marcus believes “Shared experiences make life better.” Read the full article on Richmond Inno. Read More
- Technical.ly DC: A $100M raise will help MPower Financing raise its international profile July 26, 2021 - Downtowm-DC fintech company MPower Financing said this week that it raised a $100 million equity round to grow its presence in the international student loan market. The company also nabbed an additional… Read More
- Technical.ly DC: Market move: Leesburg-based Quantum Computing, Inc. is now traded on the Nasdaq July 25, 2021 - As of Thursday, Leesburg, Virginia-based quantum software company Quantum Computing Inc is trading publicly on the Nasdaq. Read the full article on Technical.ly DC. Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a DC Community partner.