- Technical.ly: This Startup is Helping Small Businesses Crosspost on Ecommerce Marketplaces April 8, 2021 - Vendoo, a D.C.-based startup, aims to allow business owners to resell their items in a matter of minutes. View full article in Technical.ly. Read More
- Richmond Inno: Roundtrip is Helping More Vulnerable Populations Get Covid-19 Vaccines April 7, 2021 - For most people, getting a Covid-19 vaccine appointment is a challenge in and of itself. But for those who are elderly or who don’t have reliable transportation, securing the appointment… Read More
- Technical.ly: Coming Soon: Meet Cavalry, an App for Accountability During Police Encounters April 6, 2021 - The death of George Floyd is once again front and center in the news this week, as former Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin’s murder trial began yesterday in Minnesota. It’s a reminder of the importance of… Read More
- Washington Business Journal: Our Strength: The IT Sector April 2, 2021 - Strength | There’s no point in looking outside the box for Greater Washington’s economic strength. As much as we would like to diversify, the federal government’s presence is our definitive power,… Read More
- Technical.ly: WeWork Partners with DC Government on Return-to-Work Initiative April 1, 2021 - An announcement out of the District today is for all of those who are ready to put on pants and leave the house for work. With more COVID-19 vaccines getting… Read More
- Technical.ly: GET Cities Expands to DC to Build Pathways for Women in Technology March 31, 2021 - Gender Equality in Tech Cities (GET Cities) is more focused on human potential than cities — specifically, female potential. The initiative, which was piloted in Chicago and is now being rolled… Read More
- Technical.ly: Shorties Roundup: Inc. 5000 Regionals Listed These Fast-Growing DMV Tech Companies March 26, 2021 - Our human brains love a good list as a way to contextualize our world, or our local tech economy. Inc. magazine knows this well, and this week dropped the regional version of its Inc.… Read More
- Richmond Inno: Bluetec and SBDC Aims to Help Small Businesses Tackle Cybersecurity Challenges with Upcoming Workshop March 25, 2021 - A year ago, a previously unthinkable message went out to employees in Richmond and beyond: effective immediately, you’re working from home, indefinitely. While some have returned to the office, many… Read More
- Washington Business Journal: The Pandemic Fueled Remote Work and Hurt the Hospitality Industry. A D.C. Startup Just Raised $2.5M to Address Both. March 24, 2021 - D.C. coworking startup WorkChew Inc. has raised $2.5 million in seed funding. The company, which turns hospitality centers into coworking spaces during nonpeak periods, said Wednesday the oversubscribed round will… Read More
- Technical.ly: DC Startup Hurdle Looks to Grow Digital Mental Health Platform for the Black Community March 23, 2021 - As a Black-led mental health service focused on serving Black clients, Hurdle centered racial justice even before nationwide anti-racism movements in 2020. “Our narrative is very clear,” said Kevin Dedner, Hurdle’s founder and… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a DC Community partner.