- Illinois Supreme Court Ruling Bolsters Consumers’ Biometric Privacy March 7, 2019 - A Friday ruling in the state’s high court found that companies need to be increasingly specific about their collection of biometric information if they want to avoid consumer lawsuits. The case,… Read More
- Forbes: How This Chicago Nonprofit Is Changing Education As We Know It March 7, 2019 - Parents, administrators, teachers and students are having critical conversations around the nation regarding how to transform schools to best prepare students for success in the 21st-century. Today, many of these… Read More
- Crain’s Chicago Business: Finally, Chicago Gets Real About its Tech Hub Hopes March 7, 2019 - There's reason to think that maybe P33, the business community’s effort to strategically help Chicago step up its tech game, may be on the right track. The leaders behind it… Read More
- NBC Chicago: Detecting Depression: Phone Apps Could Monitor Teen Mental Health March 7, 2019 - Rising suicide rates and depression in U.S. teens and young adults have prompted researchers to ask a provocative question: Could the same devices that some people blame for contributing to… Read More
- Crain’s Chicago Business: The New Plan to Boost Chicago Tech Must Include Overlooked Communities March 7, 2019 - Jobs in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) are critical for cities today. Research shows they attract top talent, pay more and advance innovation—fundamentals that spur economic prosperity and growth. The cities that can… Read More
- US News & World Report: Tech Companies Are Choosing Chicago March 7, 2019 - CHICAGO — WHEN AMAZON began searching for a home for a second headquarters with 50,000 jobs, it visited five locations in Chicago, including the planned 80-acre Lincoln Yards development on the… Read More
- Illinois News Network: After State Edict, Cities Scramble on 5G Rules February 27, 2019 - Cities across Illinois are bracing for the next steps to get 5G cell phone technology in place, and the capital city could be among the first to get it. The… Read More
- Chicago Tribune: Heard about 5G? Here’s When it’s Coming to Chicago and What it Means for You February 27, 2019 - A thick black cable full of fiber and copper lines sits coiled on a pile of snow on the roof of a Loop parking garage. In the coming days, workers… Read More
- NBC Chicago: As 5G Wireless Internet Debuts in 4 US Cities, Can It Replace Broadband? February 27, 2019 - Cellular companies such as Verizon are looking to challenge traditional cable companies with residential internet service that promises to be ultra-fast, affordable and wireless. Using an emerging wireless technology known… Read More
- Naperville Sun: Hub88 Organizers Want to Bring a 5G Network to the Interstate 88 Corridor Through Naperville February 21, 2019 - Businesses along the Interstate 88 corridor through Naperville could tap into the faster data speeds of fifth generation technology in the next year if leaders can convince a mobile cellular company… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Chicago Community partner.