- Built in Chicago: Oak Street Health Acquires RubiconMD in $130M Deal November 3, 2021 - The healthcare industry is rapidly evolving in the U.S., and Chicago-based Oak Street Health is working to ensure it stays ahead of the curve. On Thursday, Oak Street Health announced that it… Read More
- Biz Times: Viewpoints: Illinois tech initiative should be wake-up call to Wisconsin November 2, 2021 - Two hundred miles south of the Wisconsin border on the University of Illinois campus, a $200 million initiative announced earlier this year offers ample evidence that our neighbors are gearing up to… Read More
- Built in Chicago: The Future 5 of Chicago Tech, Q4 2021 November 1, 2021 - In this big city there are always numerous small startups trying to create something new. While it’s easy to highlight the Chicago tech unicorns with name recognition, the smaller players often… Read More
- Chicago Inno: Online grocery startup raises $4M, plans first location in 2022 October 31, 2021 - The Covid-19 pandemic made online grocery shopping the norm for many Americans. Now, a Chicago startup is bringing a new twist to the digital grocery ordering experience with its pickup-only… Read More
- Chicago Inno: Chicago ad-tech firm Centro, now named Basis Technologies, to go public October 30, 2021 - Centro, a 20-year-old Chicago advertising-tech company, is preparing for an IPO. The company, now named Basis Technologies, announced Thursday that it has confidentially filed a draft registration statement with the SEC for an… Read More
- Chicago Inno: New fund Capitalize VC wants to invest $10M in Black and Latino founders October 29, 2021 - There's a new fund in Chicago that wants to support more founders of color in the city and across the U.S. Capitalize VC announced its launch this week, with plans to… Read More
- Built in Chicago: Chicago Has Already Almost Doubled Its Record Annual VC Funding in 2021 October 28, 2021 - With one quarter still remaining in the year, Chicago has almost doubled its annual record for venture capital funding. Chicago companies have already netted $5.5 billion in deals, which is… Read More
- Built in Chicago: Walgreens Invests $5.2B Into Healthtech Company VillageMD October 24, 2021 - Walgreens just cut a huge check for Chicago healthtech company VillageMD. On Thursday, Walgreens Boots Alliance — which owns pharmacy chain Walgreens and U.K. chain Boots — announced that it was investing $5.2… Read More
- Built in Chicago: Global Healthcare Exchange Acquires Chicago-Based Explorer Surgical October 23, 2021 - On Thursday, Colorado-based healthcare company Global Health Exchange announced its acquisition of Chicago-based Explorer Surgical. Exact financial terms of the deal were not announced, and Explorer Surgical’s operations will remain in Chicago — with the… Read More
- Built in Chicago: Australian Healthtech Startup Perx Opens Its U.S. HQ in Chicago October 22, 2021 - Australian healthtech company Perx Health announced that it’s expanding into the U.S. market, and it’s picked Chicago as the home of its U.S. operations. The U.S. team will be based out of the… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Chicago Community partner.