- Chicago Inno: Chicago’s Jump Capital raises $350M fund, plans more crypto investments September 23, 2021 - Chicago venture firm Jump Capital has reloaded with a new fund to invest in fintech, crypto and other startups. Jump Capital announced Tuesday that it has raised $350 million for its latest… Read More
- Chicago Inno: 25 UNDER 25 September 23, 2021 - It's been a year of unprecedented growth in Chicago's tech scene, with at least a baker's dozen new unicorns minted in 2021 as venture capital pours into the city's startups. Read the… Read More
- Built in Chicago: Copado Hits Unicorn Valuation After $140M Raise Led by Insight Partners September 22, 2021 - On Monday, Chicago-based Copado announced it raised $140 million in fresh funding. The Series C was led by VC giant Insight Partners, and will be used to expand the scope and reach… Read More
- Built in Chicago: Chicago Logistics Company Echo Global Logistics Is Acquired for $1.3 September 18, 2021 - Yet another Chicago company has secured a coveted $1+ billion buyout. On Friday, logistics company Echo Global Logistics announced that it was being acquired by private equity firm The Jordan Company. The… Read More
- Chicago Inno: Looking for a game-day party? This startup wants to be the Airbnb for tailgating September 17, 2021 - Three years ago Nick Akrap and his buddies rented an RV and drove down to Tuscaloosa, Alabama, for the Alabama vs. Auburn football game. They went to see a classic… Read More
- Chicago Inno: Brooklyn Navy Yard to use Cityzenith platform for sustainability, cost cutting September 16, 2021 - Chicago-based Cityzenith is launching a pilot project using its SmartWorldOS Digital Twin platform to help New York’s Brooklyn Navy Yard cut operating costs and achieve sustainability objectives. Read the full… Read More
- Built in Chicago: Driving Forces Behind Chicago’s Tech Scene September 15, 2021 - 2021 has already been a huge year for Chicago tech growth. In July alone, local tech companies, including no-code risk and compliance platform LogicGate and fintech startup M1 Finance, raked in a combined $654 million… Read More
- Built in Chicago: Software Consultancy ThoughtWorks Files for IPO, Aims for $6B+ Valuation September 14, 2021 - ThoughtWorks, one of Chicago’s long-standing tech companies, is about to enter a new chapter by becoming a publicly traded company. On Tuesday, ThoughtWorks filed an S-1 form with the SEC, which detailed… Read More
- Chicago Inno: Chicago Ventures joins recording artist T-Pain in backing new music startup September 13, 2021 - Chicago investors are behind a new startup led by former TikTok and Snap alums that helps anyone create music. Mayk.it, based in L.A., announced Tuesday that it raised $4 million in… Read More
- Built in Chicago: Today at Apple Creative Studios Just Launched in Chicago September 12, 2021 - Apple is most well known for its premium line of tech products, from iPhones to MacBooks, iPads and more. But for Apple, a big part of the company’s brand goes beyond… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Chicago Community partner.