- Built in Chicago: Illinois Is The Nation’s Second-Largest Manufacturing Center. mHUB Aims To Make It No. 1. October 29, 2020 - When the COVID-19 pandemic initially hit, the cost to manufacture a ventilator could reach up to $30,000. Today, mHUB CEO Haven Allen said it’s down to $300. The Chicago-based manufacturing innovation center helped connect… Read More
- Crain’s Chicago Business: Chicago’s Most Innovative Companies October 28, 2020 - There's no better time than the depths of a global pandemic to step back and think hard about invention and innovation. Entire industries have been upended by the coronavirus, while… Read More
- The Wall Street Journal: A New Push for Diversity In Funding Tech Startups October 27, 2020 - Tech entrepreneurs of color often struggle to attract early-stage funding for their startups. But that may be starting to change—thanks in part to investors of color. Professional networks have formed… Read More
- Aithority: Fullstack Academy And The University Of Illinois Chicago Team Together To Help Professionals Enter Growing Tech Industry October 23, 2020 - In response to the demand for tech professionals throughout Illinois and the need for skills training to help people enter new careers, Fullstack Academy announced a partnership with the University of Illinois Chicago (UIC) to offer… Read More
- Fox News: Army Partners With University Of Illinois On Autonomous Drone Swarm Technology October 22, 2020 - Army researchers are working with the University of Illinois Chicago on unmanned technology for recharging drone swarms. The university has been awarded a four-year, $8 million cooperative agreement “to develop foundational science in… Read More
- TechCrunch: Commercializing The Open-Source FingerprintJS Browser Fingerprinting Tech Nabs Chicago Entrepreneur $4M October 20, 2020 - Chicago-based serial entrepreneur Dan Pinto has raised new cash and launched a new company looking to commercialize a years-old open-source project that purports to solve one of the web’s hardest… Read More
- Detroit Business: MSU to Help Create National Quantum Technology Curriculum October 13, 2020 - Michigan State University in East Lansing has partnered with four other universities in the Midwest to develop a national model for undergraduate curriculum in quantum technologies, an emerging field. Members… Read More
- Tech Crunch: How Roblox Completely Transformed its Tech Stack October 12, 2020 - Picture yourself in the role of CIO at Roblox in 2017. At that point, the gaming platform and publishing system that launched in 2005 was growing fast, but its underlying technology was aging,… Read More
- 2020 Inno on Fire October 12, 2020 - 2020 has been an unprecedented year. Nearly every person, business and startup has been forced to adapt throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, which is proving to be one of the most… Read More
- Reuters: Caterpillar bets on self-driving machines impervious to pandemics October 12, 2020 - Caterpillar’s autonomous driving technology, which can be bolted on to existing machines, is helping the U.S. heavy equipment maker mitigate the heavy impact of the coronavirus crisis on sales of… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Chicago Community partner.