- Chicago Business Journal: P&G Alum Named CEO of Chicago Tech Firm April 8, 2021 - A former senior executive at Procter & Gamble, whose most recent work placed him at search engine giant Google, has been named the new CEO of a Chicago-based tech firm.… Read More
- Chicago Business Journal: Tock, the Chicago-Based Restaurant Reservation App, Has Been Sold April 7, 2021 - Tock, a Chicago reservation startup from Alinea co-founder Nick Kokonas, has been acquired by Squarespace for $400 million. View full article in Chicago Business Journal. Read More
- Chicago Inno: Cameo Now Valued at More Than $1B After Raising New Funding April 6, 2021 - Chicago's buzziest startup is officially a unicorn. Celebrity shoutout app Cameo announced Tuesday that it has raised $100 million in new funding at a valuation of more than $1 billion.… Read More
- Chicago Inno: After Covid Brought Its Business to a Halt, Snapsheet Prepares for Growth Again with $30M Raise April 1, 2021 - Snapsheet, one of Chicago's growing insuretech startups, has raised a new round of funding for its cloud-native insurance claims platform. The company announced Thursday that it raised $30 million in Series… Read More
- Chicago Business Journal: Why Sprout Social’s Co-Founder and CTO Has Been Quietly Angel Investing in Chicago March 31, 2021 - If you were tuned in to Chicago tech Clubhouse chatter in early February, you’ll remember a room titled “Is Chicago Tech too risk averse?” The chat on Clubhouse, a popular… Read More
- Chicago Inno: FourKites Raises $100M for Its Logistics Software that Tracks 1M Shipments a Day March 30, 2021 - Chicago logistics startup FourKites just hauled in $100 million in new funding. FourKites, a maker of real-time supply chain software, announced Wednesday it raised $100 million in Series D funding, bringing its total amount of… Read More
- Chicago Business Journal: Investments in Telehealth Solutions in Illinois Address the Need for Members to Continue Essential Care March 26, 2021 - The Covid-19 pandemic has changed the health care landscape, including how people access care. While telehealth services had been gaining ground in the years before the pandemic, particularly in rural… Read More
- Chicago Inno: Siri Founder Dag Kittlaus’ New Startup Uses an iPhone to Take Your Blood Pressure March 25, 2021 - Dag Kittlaus, a Chicago-based entrepreneur and the creator of Siri, has a new startup that aims to take your blood pressure with a smart phone. Kittlaus, along with co-founder Tuhin… Read More
- Chicago Inno: Meet Spot, an Audio Tool Designed for Walking Meetings—and the Antidote for Zoom Fatigue March 24, 2021 - One year into the Covid-19 pandemic, Zoom fatigue is very much a real thing. Stanford researchers have identified design flaws in Zoom and other video conferencing platforms that are exhausting our… Read More
- Chicago Health: App Gives Real-Time Updates from the NICU March 19, 2021 - Long before the Covid-19 pandemic, Craig Garfield, MD, and Young Lee, PhD, at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, developed an app to solve a common problem in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU):… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Chicago Community partner.