- Yellowhammer News: C Spire Expands Broadband Service to Trussville; Five More Alabama Communities on Deck April 7, 2021 - C Spire recently connected its first customers in Trussville to its ultra-fast, fiber-based Gigabit broadband internet service, continuing the telecommunications and technology company’s expansion in Alabama. View full article in… Read More
- Birmingham Business Journal: Alabama is Expected to Gain Tech Momentum in 2021 April 6, 2021 - Alabama’s tech sector employment is expected to grow by 1.8% in 2021. That's according to a new report from the Computing Technology Industry Association, or CompTIA. View full article in… Read More
- Birmingham Business Journal: Joshua Jones on His Vision, Plan for the Alabama Capital Network April 5, 2021 - The Alabama Capital Network recently named local entrepreneur Joshua Jones as its new CEO. Jones, who will take the post on April 5, recently spoke with the BBJ about his… Read More
- AL.com: Proposed Bill Would Create an Alabama Innovation Corporation April 2, 2021 - State lawmakers are mulling over a far-reaching bill which would create a public-private partnership with broad abilities to support entrepreneurship and innovation. View full article in AL.com. Read More
- Birmingham Business Journal: Immediate Gains Momentum After Funding Raise April 1, 2021 - Financial wellness company Immediate is looking to capitalize after closing on a recent $15.5 million funding round with growth. The company has seen an upswing in momentum after also securing… Read More
- Birmingham Business Journal: Alabama Launchpad Names First Cohort of the Year March 31, 2021 - Alabama Launchpad has named 12 finalists to participate in the first pitch competition of 2021. EDPA's program now places a greater focus on intensive and personalized support for entrepreneurs with… Read More
- Birmingham Business Journal: TechBirmingham, National Women’s and Tech Group Continue Partnership March 30, 2021 - The National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT) will continue its collaboration with TechBirmingham in disseminating computing opportunities to advanced girls and women in their pursuit of technical careers.… Read More
- AL.com: Joshua Jones is New CEO of Alabama Capital Network March 26, 2021 - Joshua Jones is the new CEO of the Alabama Capital Network. Jones takes the helm of the organization April 5. Founded four years ago, the Alabama Capital Network provides investment,… Read More
- Birmingham Business Journal: Lit Communities Plans to Expand Its Broadband Capabilities After Partnership March 25, 2021 - Lit Communities, a Birmingham-based builder of tech infrastructure, has entered into a partnership with Stephens Capital Partners and The Pritzker Organization to expand their broadband deployment efforts into multiple markets… Read More
- Birmingham Business Journal: Bill Could Create Public-Private Partnership to Boost Alabama Innovation March 24, 2021 - A bill in the Alabama Legislature aims to establish a new partnership to boost economic growth, technology-focused innovation and job creation throughout the state. View full article in Birmingham Business… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Birmingham Community partner.