- AL.com: 8 Companies Named to Innovation Depot’s 2021 Velocity Accelerator Cohort January 26, 2021 - Innovation Depot’s Velocity Accelerator program has picked eight startup companies for its 2021 cohort. More than 50 companies applied for the program, now in its fifth year, which recruits tech… Read More
- Verizon: Accelerating America: Affordability, Adoption, Access January 25, 2021 - Today, Verizon urges a new government approach to help bridge the digital divide. The pandemic has made clear that broadband is critical to daily life and that a lack of… Read More
- WVTM 13: Alabama School of Math and Science Opens Remote Learning Center January 25, 2021 - Alabama School of Mathematics and Science campus is getting a make over. The school held a ribbon cutting ceremony on their West Campus on Thursday, January 21, with students, families,… Read More
- Shelby County Reporter: 2020 A Year Of Record Growth For McLeod Software January 21, 2021 - McLeod Software is pleased to announce that 2020 was a year of record growth for the company, even amidst the COVID-19 worldwide pandemic. For many transportation companies, new demands on… Read More
- WVTM: Local Non-Profit Teams Up With Apple To Connect Historically Black Colleges And Universities January 20, 2021 - Apple announces some exciting news that will impacted students and faculty at Birmingham-area historically black colleges and universities. Together with Southern Company and the Ed Farm education non-profit, Apple announced the… Read More
- Birmingham Business Journal: Alabama Selected As Preferred HQ For U.S. Space Command January 19, 2021 - North Alabama has just secured another huge economic development victory, according to multiple reports. Redstone Arsenal was selected as the preferred permanent headquarters for the new U.S. Space Command. The… Read More
- Lab Manager: New Tech Created To Aid COVID-19 Vaccine Immunity Monitoring January 13, 2021 - As the COVID-19 vaccine becomes available to the public, immunity monitoring will play an important role in determining whether the vaccine is effective for an individual, and for how long.… Read More
- Bham Now: 9 Highlights From A Productive Year In Tech Birmingham, Including Ed Farm January 11, 2021 - Despite ups and downs, 2020 has been a magical year for tech news in The Magic City. We took a look back to see some of the biggest tech events… Read More
- Bham Now: Birmingham CEO Named In “100 Most Powerful Women In Technology 2020” January 6, 2021 - In their December 30, 2020 issue, Analytics Insight named Birmingham-based Therapy Brands CEO Kimberly O’Loughlin among their list of “The 100 Most Powerful Women In Technology 2020“. Here’s what we learned about… Read More
- Bham Now: These 4 Alabama Startups Have Big Plans For 2021 — Here’s What We Learned January 5, 2021 - Although 2020 has been a challenging year, Alabama startups are looking forward to what 2021 will bring. We spoke with the founders of four Alabama Launchpad-winning companies to learn more about… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Birmingham Community partner.