- WBRC: Birmingham City School Leaders Address Connectivity Issues With Virtual Learning September 23, 2020 - Birmingham City School leaders say they are working to help parents with connectivity issues with virtual learning. The digital roll out was fast for Birmingham City Schools, but it was… Read More
- AL.com: Mastercard Investing $500 Million In Black Communities, Including Birmingham September 21, 2020 - Birmingham is one of seven cities in the U.S. where Mastercard is focusing a $500 million initiative to narrow the divide in opportunity and wealth to Black communities. The five-year… Read More
- Birmingham Times: 2 Birmingham Schools Get Free Technology Through Verizon Initiative September 17, 2020 - New technology is always nice for schools to have, but with virtual learning brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic, it takes on another level of significance. On Friday, parents of… Read More
- Birmingham Business Journal: Growing Birmingham Startup Eyes Growth After Major Deal September 16, 2020 - A Texas-based middle market private equity firm recently acquired a majority stake in a growing Birmingham health startup – and it’s a deal aimed at fueling further growth. Trinity Hunt… Read More
- School Transportation News: School Bus Wi-Fi Does More Than Connecting Students To Virtual Classes September 15, 2020 - With the new school year underway, districts are using technology already at their fingertips to solve today’s operational challenges amid COVID-19, with Wi-Fi at the forefront of discussions. For instance,… Read More
- Bham Now: Meet 10 Startups In The Inaugural 2020 Techstars Alabama EnergyTech Accelerator September 14, 2020 - When it comes to startups, technology, innovation and new ideas, Birmingham has been setting the standard as of late. Birmingham’s startup community is on the rise, and Techstars is part… Read More
- Bham Now: Birmingham IT Solutions Firm DataPerk Acquires Local Tech Company ByteSize September 11, 2020 - DataPerk—one of Alabama’s premier technology solutions providers—recently acquired a local tech firm, ByteSize. We took a look at DataPerk, their recently-renovated office building and what the new acquisition means! View… Read More
- WIRED: Big Tech Companies Want To Help Get You Back In The Office September 10, 2020 - Many things about Matt Warren Bruinooge’s senior year at Brown are different from his previous college life. One is that he logs on to a website from tech giant Alphabet twice a week… Read More
- ABC 3340: Options For Parents When Balancing Act Between Work And Virtual Learning Becomes Too Much September 9, 2020 - Since the pandemic started, working parents have had to take part in a balancing act with work on one side and helping the kids with online learning on the other.… Read More
- WBRC: Mountain Brook Girl Is One Of First In The Country To Pilot New Wheelchair Technology September 4, 2020 - UAB Hospital is researching new technology that could change the lives of wheelchair users. They’re part of a pilot program that’s collecting research from fewer than 10 people across the… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Birmingham Community partner.