- UAB News: UAB awarded NIH telehealth grant to fight diabetes in the Deep South September 24, 2021 - Two faculty in the School of Health Professions at the University of Alabama at Birmingham have been awarded an R01 grant from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases to employ… Read More
- Alabama Inno: Facebook data center goes online in Huntsville September 23, 2021 - Facebook’s $1 billion data center in Huntsville is now up and running. The project, which slowed in 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic, was first announced by the tech giant in… Read More
- Alabama Inno: Help Lightning lands integration with Silicon Valley-based company September 22, 2021 - Help Lightning has integrated its services with a Silicon Valley-based firm. The Birmingham-based platform will now be a part of ServiceNow’s customer workflows and employee workflows. Read the full article… Read More
- Yellow Hammer: Venture for America bullish on Birmingham September 17, 2021 - A new class of Venture for America (VFA) fellows is primed to join the Magic City’s growing entrepreneurial community, and the prestigious New York-based nonprofit that has placed college graduates with startups… Read More
- Birmingham Business Journal: FIntegrate Technology names chief technology officer September 16, 2021 - Copenhaver is one of the original software architects of remittance processing software ImageCentre. Read the full article on the Birmingham Business Journal. Read More
- Birmingham Business Journal: Shipt adds another grocery delivery partner September 15, 2021 - Shipt has inked a delivery deal with a West Coast chain of grocery stores. Cardenas Markets has made a partnership with Birmingham-based Shipt for same-day delivery of its products. Read… Read More
- ABC 11: C-Spire starts building 243-mile fiber optic cable route in Mississippi, Alabama September 14, 2021 - People in rural areas across Mississippi and Alabama have gone years without access to high-speed internet. But that could change for thousands in the coming year as C-Spire starts to… Read More
- Birmingham Business Journal: List: Birmingham’s largest software development companies September 13, 2021 - Birmingham’s tech workforce remains a bright spot for the local economy, including many of the high-growth companies on our new List. Read the full article on the Birmingham Business Journal. Read More
- Birmingham Business Journal: Guest notebook: Local demand for fiber internet guides C Spire to Alabama September 10, 2021 - Access to high-quality internet is needed in today's economy. Read the full article on the Birmingham Business Journal. Read More
- Birmingham Business Journal: General Informatics opens division in Hoover, names Donald Monistere CEO September 9, 2021 - A Baton Rouge-based company has established a presence in Birmingham. General Informatics opened an office in June at 3000 Galleria Circle, Suite 1550 in Hoover. Read the full article on… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Birmingham Community partner.