- Birmingham Business Journal: Facebook’s Huntsville project reporting investment of over $1 billion June 16, 2021 - Huntsville's Facebook data center continues to see construction progression and financial investment. Read the full article on Birmingham Business Journal. Read More
- WBRC: Alabama Power and Tombigbee Electric Cooperative partner to expand broadband internet in Northwest Alabama June 16, 2021 - Tombigbee Communications’ freedom FIBER, a subsidiary of Tombigbee Electric Cooperative, and Alabama Power have announced a partnership Friday to expand rural broadband and high-speed fiber internet service to residents and… Read More
- AL.com: Bill Smith on Landing, Shipt and Birmingham’s rise as tech center June 16, 2021 - Bill Smith is coming back to Birmingham, but he never really left. Thursday’s announcement that his newest creation - Landing - is moving its corporate headquarters to Birmingham from San Francisco,… Read More
- Birmingham Business Journal: Landing moving HQ to Birmingham, bringing 800-plus jobs June 16, 2021 - A Bill Smith startup is establishing a new headquarters in Birmingham. Read the full article on Birmingham Business Journal. Read More
- AL.com: Austal gets contract to develop ship as autonomous prototype June 16, 2021 - Austal USA announced Wednesday that it has received a $44 million contract to develop one of its Expeditionary Fast Transports as an autonomous prototype. Read the full article on Al.com. Read More
- Birmingham Business Journal: Shipt partners with pet care technology provider VitusVet June 16, 2021 - Shipt shoppers will soon provide delivery of pet medicines and supplies from a veterinarian. Read full article on Birmingham Business Journal. Read More
- Birmingham Business Journal: UAB’s Carver Tapped for AlabamaCIO Leadership Award June 11, 2021 - When Covid-19 took hold in March 2020, Curt Carver and his team sprung into action. Carver, UAB’s CIO and vice president for IT, helped the school quickly transition to its… Read More
- Birmingham Business Journal: How a Hybrid Model Paid Off for Velocity Accelerator June 10, 2021 - The Velocity Accelerator’s fifth cohort came to an end in early May, and while the cohort didn’t tackle the same Covid-19 challenges the class of 2020 faced, it was the… Read More
- Telecompetitor: Tombigbee Offers Details on CARES and RDOF Broadband Plans June 9, 2021 - Tombigbee Electric Cooperative provided some additional details about its plans for high-speed fiber broadband deployments in its home state of Alabama. The company received funding through the Rural Digital Opportunity… Read More
- AL.com: Birmingham Tech Startup Linq Raises $2.5 Million in Seed Round June 8, 2021 - For some companies, the pandemic was a wakeup call that old ways of doing business wouldn’t work. For Birmingham startup Linq, more than a year of long-distance networking helped underline… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Birmingham Community partner.