- ICYMI – How Technology Helps Communities Adapt (6/18 Virtual Event) June 18, 2020 - The COVID-19 pandemic has shown how important access to technology is in communities across America. From learning at home, to connecting with doctors, to video calls with loved ones, technology… Read More
- A Message From Verizon CEO Hans Vestberg June 10, 2020 - “The events unfolding across the country that are rooted in hate are contradictory with our beliefs as a company and leave me with a feeling of regret and sadness. Verizon… Read More
- Birmingham Business Journal: Several Bham Leaders Named To New Alabama STEM Council September 29, 2020 - Several Birmingham leaders are among those appointed to the new Alabama STEM Council, which was created by an executive order recently signed by Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey. The council will… Read More
- Forbes: The Detroit Fashion + Tech Hackathon Looks To Bring New Advanced Automation Solutions To Michigan’s Fashion Industry September 29, 2020 - As the world emerges from the darkest days of the pandemic, there’s a lot of discussion about the need to reshore manufacturing and create more resilient, less far-flung supply chains… Read More
- GeekWire: Funding Efforts Aim To Help Get Students Online And Bridge The Digital Divide Amid Pandemic September 29, 2020 - Now a few weeks into remote back-to-school, some of Washington’s K-12 students and educators are finding that internet connectivity is a digital divide that they still can’t span as COVID-19… Read More
- Rhode Island Inno: At Woonsocket Startup Texture In 3D, Art Meets Machinery September 29, 2020 - Peter Lynch has been working in machine shops for more than 20 years. He started as a tool and die maker, where veterans taught him the industry as a real… Read More
- DC Velocity: Logistics Tech Firms Help Speed Up Covid Testing September 29, 2020 - A California company says it has developed a pain-free, rapid-response Covid-19 testing kit that avoids the health risks and reporting delays that come with current testing procedures, and it’s relying… Read More
- Chalkbeat: Thousands Of Students Are Missing From Chicago’s Virtual Classrooms. Here’s The Plan To Find Them. September 29, 2020 - Chicago Public Schools said that 49,000 students failed to log into classrooms on the first day of remote learning, a figure it has now winnowed down to fewer than 6,900… Read More
- WTTW: Illinois Tech’s New Innovation Hub Leader Aims To Make Entrepreneurship Accessible To All September 29, 2020 - Over the past decade, city, state and business leaders have worked to grow Chicago’s profile as a go-to destination for tech entrepreneurs. Maryam Saleh, the new leader of the Illinois… Read More
- Boston Inno: 25 Under 25 September 29, 2020 - They say you're never too old to follow your dreams. Seems that you're never too young, either. Boston teen and college-age technologists and entrepreneurs are living that mantra, founding companies,… Read More
- Seattle PI: Comcast To Launch Wi-Fi ‘Lift Zones’ In Seattle To Help Students With Remote Learning September 25, 2020 - Seattle will be getting new connectivity zones to help students taking part in remote learning get access to a free and reliable internet connection. Comcast announced this week Seattle is one… Read More
- Generocity: During COVID-19, Underserved Communities In Philly Rely On Tech To Connect September 25, 2020 - Latinx community organizations are adapting to the pandemic by using technology to directly connect to community members. In the process, they have found ways to still serve community members in… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Bay Area Community partner.