- Built in SF: Why You Should Be Hiring Remote Workers September 21, 2021 - Not too long ago, jobseekers interviewing for new positions had to answer deal-breaking questions about their physical proximity to the office. Did they live within 30 miles? Were they near public transportation?… Read More
- Built in SF: Fintech Giant Varo Bank Raises $510M, Plans to Make 50+ Hires September 20, 2021 - San Francisco-based fintech giant Varo Bank announced Thursday that it raised $510 million in an oversubscribed funding round. The round, led by Lone Pine Capital, is the company’s second fundraise this year.… Read More
- San Francisco Business Times: PayPal to buy Stanford alum’s ‘buy now, pay later’ unicorn Paidy for $2.7B September 19, 2021 - 500 Startups and its departed founder Dave McClure made seed investments in the business PayPal is buying in 2009 and 2010. Read the full article on the San Francisco Business… Read More
- Built in SF: SingleStore Raises $80M, Plans to Make 60+ Hires September 18, 2021 - San Francisco-based database platform SingleStore announced Wednesday that it raised $80 million in fresh financing. The Series F was led by Insight Partners and comes less than a year following the close… Read More
- Built in SF: How Cisco Meraki Is Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month September 17, 2021 - With events planned across the city, San Francisco and the greater Bay Area are gearing up to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month. Established in 1968 and bracketing the independence days of… Read More
- San Francisco Business Times: Ex-Apple health data exec is selling the startup his dying sister inspired him to launch for $325M September 16, 2021 - Invitae is buying Ciitizen, the startup Anil Sethi created after he left Apple. Ciitizen was the result of a promise Anil Sethi made to his sister to help those with… Read More
- Grit Daily: Creative Startup Picsart Raises $130 mln in Series C Funding September 8, 2021 - Picsart, a San Francisco-based creative startup, has raised $130 million in Series C funding to expand its creative platform. The Series C round was led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2 and counted… Read More
- Forbes: This Startup Just Raised $5.8 Million To Make It Easier To Diagnose Disease September 7, 2021 - After finding a suspicious rash on her mother’s skin in 2016, Tara Viswanathan took her mother to doctors in her hometown to help her heal. Even with antibiotics, steroid shots… Read More
- Built in SF: HOW THIS COMPANY HIT UNICORN STATUS IN 5 YEARS September 6, 2021 - What does it take to become a tech unicorn in just 5 years? The answer will vary depending on industry and other factors, but AI helpdesk platform Moveworks credits its multibillion-dollar… Read More
- Built in SF: Workstream Raises $48M Series B, Plans to Double the Size of Its Team September 5, 2021 - Workstream, a San Francisco-based recruitment platform, announced Thursday that it raised $48 million in a Series B co-led by BOND and Coatue. The fresh financing will help move the company… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Bay Area Community partner.