- Managed Healthcare Executive: 10 Ways Healthcare Tech Is Helping Combat COVID-19 September 25, 2020 - COVID-19 has seemingly reached into every corner of American healthcare, with new procedures, regulations and safety precautions required to keep patients and caregivers safe and protected from the virus. Wearing… Read More
- ABC 7 News: Takeout Meets Tech As Robots Take On Delivery Service In San Jose September 24, 2020 - A crew of robots is on a mission in the South Bay, and their jobs are even more important during this pandemic. On the day skies turned orange across the… Read More
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: San Jose Metro Area Is Still Tops For Tech — Here’s Where It Leads September 23, 2020 - The San Jose metro area is once again at the top for the tech economy, according to the Cyberstates 2020 report from the Computing Technology Industry Association, a nonprofit tech… Read More
- GeekWire: What Makes Smoke Forecasts So Hard To Predict — And How Tech Could Help September 22, 2020 - If you’ve been disappointed with the accuracy of snow forecasting in the Pacific Northwest, you’re really not going to like what our region can do with wildfire smoke predictions. For… Read More
- Biometric Update: FiberSense Launches Tech That Tells The ‘Vibe’ Of A Smart City September 18, 2020 - FiberSense, a startup based in Australia, has turned a unique technology into a service that turns fiber optic networks into a kind of biometric nervous system for cities that takes… Read More
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: ‘More Valuable Than A Pencil Or A Pen:’ Education Tech Companies Jump To Help Shift To Online Learning September 17, 2020 - In one corner of Tom Lauwers’ home, a small dragon occasionally opens its mouth. The dragon, one of the many robots Mr. Lauwers’ company BirdBrain Technologies helps to make, seems… Read More
- Waste Dive: Bay Area Startup Trash Warrior Eyes West Coast Growth After Securing New Funding September 16, 2020 - The concept of creating an “Uber for trash” has gotten plenty of media buzz in recent years. Now, a new West Coast player called Trash Warrior is also citing Uber as… Read More
- Technical.ly: The Third LIFT Labs Accelerator Launches Today. Meet The 2020 Cohort’s 11 Startups September 15, 2020 - A cohort of 11 companies — three of which are based in Philadelphia — begin the Comcast NBCUniversal LIFT Labs Accelerator, powered by Techstars Tuesday. Hundreds of applications came from more than 40… Read More
- Valdosta Daily Times: Optimizely And Galvanize To Increase Diversity In Tech With Software Engineering Scholarships, Internships September 11, 2020 - Knowing that opportunities in the tech industry are not equitably distributed across gender and racial lines – major tech leaders have employed and retained disproportionate numbers of white men over the last… Read More
- KQED: Food Technology Might Be More Efficient. But Is it Better? September 10, 2020 - Seven months into the pandemic, the wildfires have started. For those of us who can afford to stay in, we look from our windows at how dangerous the world outside… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Bay Area Community partner.