- Daily Californian: UC Regents Approve Funding Technology Fellowship Pilot Program January 26, 2021 - At its first virtual meeting of 2021, the UC Board of Regents approved funding for a technology fellowship pilot program, discussed telehealth developments and listened to concerns regarding racial discrimination.… Read More
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: The Funded: Palo Alto ‘blank check’ investor Avi Katz plans 4th SPAC, boosts funds for another January 26, 2021 - Investor Avi Katz's Palo Alto-based firm GigCapital Inc. has filed plans for its fourth "blank check" company, seeking to raise $260 million. The plan is to use the money raised… Read More
- Verizon: Accelerating America: Affordability, Adoption, Access January 25, 2021 - Today, Verizon urges a new government approach to help bridge the digital divide. The pandemic has made clear that broadband is critical to daily life and that a lack of… Read More
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: These 10 VC-Backed Bay Area Companies Raised The Most At The End Of A Record Year January 21, 2021 - When the dust settled on the Bay Area in a pandemic-inflected 2020, it turned out to be one of the best years for the amount of dollars raised since the… Read More
- San Francisco Business Times: Digital Health Leaps Into 2021 After Record Year January 20, 2021 - Even with the situation of the pandemic – or more accurately because of it – 2020 a milestone year for digital health. By the third quarter, funding had already hit… Read More
- San Francisco Business Times: Bay Area Website-Building Platform Becomes Unicorn With Big $140 Million Round January 20, 2021 - Webflow scored a megafunding round of $140 million for its Series B, turning the young tech firm into a unicorn with a $2.1 billion valuation, the company said Wednesday. San… Read More
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: These Bay Area Innovations Stand Out In The First Virtual CES January 20, 2021 - Like much of the rest of the world in the age of Covid-19, this week's Consumer Electronics Show is going virtual for the first time in the history of the… Read More
- CNBC: How Black Users Aare Saving Clubhouse From Becoming A Drab Hangout For Tech Bros January 15, 2021 - Clubhouse, a social media app introduced in March,allows users to gather in virtual rooms where they can communicate with one another through the mics on their iPhones. Because the app… Read More
- The Washington Post: CES 2021 Is Still Happening — Without Vegas, Crowds, Prototypes Or Germs January 14, 2021 - For one week every January, thousands of people pour into Las Vegas to see, touch and experience the latest tech innovations at the world’s largest technology show. Now entering its… Read More
- San Francisco Chronicle: Three Tech Predictions For 2021 From San Francisco, The Industry’s Troubled Epicenter January 13, 2021 - Welcome back to Tech Chronicle. Resolve to make this fine newsletter one of your favorite subscriptions in 2021. There’s little appetite for looking back, and 2020 is a year we’d… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Bay Area Community partner.