- Technical.ly: Whitebox Raises $18M Series B, Plans To Grow Tech And Product Teams October 1, 2020 - Baltimore ecommerce company Whitebox raised $18 million in Series B funding and is planning to continue growing its development and product teams as it builds out tech capabilities, CEO Marcus Startzel said. View full… Read More
- Technical.ly: BIW Is Going Virtual In 2020. The Innovation Celebration Is Oct. 9 September 30, 2020 - Communities get stronger when they have a central place to share what members are doing and elevate the stories worth telling. That’s why, even when things are chaotic, it’s worth… Read More
- Technical.ly: Baltimore: Here Are Your Nominees For The 2020 Technical.ly Awards September 29, 2020 - 2020, where do we even begin? The year started with the usual plans to move about and get business done, and perhaps even setting the tone for a new decade. But that… Read More
- Baltimore Business Journal: Maryland Tech Council Launches New Effort To Advocate For Equity In Tech-Related Legislation September 25, 2020 - The Maryland Tech Council has assembled a group of industry leaders to advocate for greater diversity and equity in how tech-related initiatives are applied in the state. Recent events like… Read More
- The Baltimore Sun: Maryland Technology Group TEDCO Stresses Accountability Under New Leadership | Commentary September 24, 2020 - During the last year, the Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO) has made significant changes to enhance our leadership, update our programs and reinforce our core values to better serve universities,… Read More
- Technical.ly: Power Moves: b.well Taps Former Vrbo CTO In Tech Leadership Boost September 23, 2020 - John J. Ostlund is joining the Baltimore-based digital health company as CTO in the last month, bringing experience most recently as CTO of vacation rental platform Vrbo and SVP at Expedia, which acquired Vrbo’s parent company… Read More
- Baltimore Business Journal: Why This Former Expedia Exec Is Joining A Small Baltimore Health Tech Startup September 22, 2020 - Baltimore digital health startup b.well Connected Health has hired a new executive who brings three decades worth of experience working for tech giants like Expedia, Amazon, Microsoft Corp. and Honeywell.… Read More
- Tech Times: Top 7 Short-Lived Technologies Inventions That Changed The World September 18, 2020 - With the fast development of technology, various inventions are short-lived and quickly replaced by new ones. However, some of those brief creations actually create a significant impact, while other technologies had some… Read More
- The Baltimore Sun: Historical Society Of Carroll County Enlists Community Media Center For Help With Modified, High-Tech Gala September 17, 2020 - The Historical Society of Carroll County is going high-tech to fight the coronavirus pandemic’s impact. When the statewide shutdown to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 caused the historical society to… Read More
- Technical.ly: With Acquisition, Think Joins With Former Legg Mason Execs To Aim For National Presence In PE September 16, 2020 - Baltimore tech and operations advisory firm Think is bringing former Legg Mason execs to its team and seeking a national foothold with a new acquisition. Think is acquiring Naples, Florida-based Ventrue, which offers services to… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Baltimore Community partner.