- Eye on Annapolis: New Tech in the Age of COVID at BW January 26, 2021 - Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport has launched a pilot program using innovative technology to provide social distancing information and assessment for customers at a security checkpoint. The project uses Light… Read More
- Verizon: Accelerating America: Affordability, Adoption, Access January 25, 2021 - Today, Verizon urges a new government approach to help bridge the digital divide. The pandemic has made clear that broadband is critical to daily life and that a lack of… Read More
- U.S. Black Engineer: Internet Study Report Recommends An Office Of Digital Inclusion For Maryland January 22, 2021 - For African American and Latino Marylanders, home wireline broadband and computing devices are scarce relative to Whites and Asian Americans. This is one of the main findings of the “Disconnected… Read More
- Baltimore Business Journal: Maryland Companies Raised Highest-Ever Amount Of Venture Capital In 2020 January 20, 2021 - Growing companies in Maryland raised $331 million in venture capital through 17 deals in the fourth quarter of 2020, bringing the annual VC total to a record $1.159 billion. Last… Read More
- The Baltimore Sun: The Tech That Will Invade Our Lives In 2021 January 14, 2021 - This year, the technologies that we will most likely hear the most about won’t be fancy devices like smartphones or big-screen television sets. It will be the stuff we don’t… Read More
- Technical.ly: HACK Baltimore Has A New Downtown HQ January 13, 2021 - HACK Baltimore will have a headquarters near Inner Harbor thanks to a donation from the real estate conglomerate The Cordish Companies. The civic tech nonprofit will be housed at 616 Water Street,… Read More
- Deal roundup: $4M contract With TSA, Grant Money For B-360 And More Local Tech Moves January 13, 2021 - Undoubtedly, the most remarkable tech deal in Greater Baltimore in December was the $110 million Series C raised by Hanover's Dragos Inc. Plenty of other smaller-scale funding deals, product launches… Read More
- Baltimore Business Journal: Faces to Watch 2021: Mayor Brandon M. Scott January 6, 2021 - Asked about his career arc several days before his mayoral inauguration, Brandon Scott quickly turns to talk of community — and of his elders. He mentions Ruby Couch, a 97-year-old… Read More
- The Baltimore Sun: The 2020 Good Tech Awards January 5, 2021 - Some years, I have to dig deep to come up with worthy honorees for the Good Tech Awards, my annual column that honors what I consider the most humane and… Read More
- Restaurant Business Online: Tech Roundup: Crave Ghost Kitchen Get $7.3M, Delivery Companies Pass The Buck December 24, 2020 - This week in restaurant tech: Another ghost kitchen provider raises millions, delivery fees see-saw and more. Crave’s fundraise Crave Hospitality Group, a Boise, Idaho-based ghost kitchen provider, has raised $7.3 million in… Read More
Interested in Becoming a Community Partner?
The Fourth Industrial Revolution may be one of the most important conversations of our time.
Help bring next-generation technologies to the US by becoming a Baltimore Community partner.